Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSI Reset Woes...
Due to sitting for a while, my 2008 B9 Multispace XTR 1.6Hdi Diesel battery died. Charged it up refitted it, and all was OK apart from the remote central locking not working [or so I thought] 

I left it until being on shift rest days before attempting a BSI reset [which I had done before both on this vehicle and on my M59 Berlingo] 

I noticed when I went through the procedure on switching on the side-lights I didn't get the "bong" chime that you normally get when carrying out a reset and the remote locking still doesn't work.

I also noticed yesterday when trying to use the main [front] windscreen washer, it actually activates the rear washer!!

Any ideas where I can go next with this? Is it a case of just trying the reset procedure multiple times? Is the BSI likely to need some sort of reprogramming?

As I say everything else seems to work, so I'm at a bit of a loss to know why the remote locking and windscreen washer would act up?
Not sure mate but it could be a canbus error. It might be worth pulling all the ECU plugs off and scrubbing inside them using electrical cleaner and a small paintbrush, then refit them and do the BSI reset again.

Just for reference as I've seen various versions of claimed reset procedures, what I have is this:

1. Put the driver’s window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all
equipment is switched off.
2. Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the
ignition.
3. Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait
15 seconds.
4. Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do
not open doors.)
5. Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.
6. Switch on the ignition and check system’s functionality.
7. Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.
8.remove key open & close door then test central locking system
9. Start the engine and complete the system’s check.
My Van: 2012 B9 1.6 HDi Enterprise 
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Zion for this post:
  • Multispacer
The washers are doing that because the pump needs replacing.
It’s highly likely that your locking issue is caused by a flat key battery.
Try fitting a new cell CR 1620 . The procedure for reprogramming the key locking is to put the key in the ignition & turn on, hold the button on the key for 10 seconds.
Remove key and wait for a minute.
Hopefully this will cure your issue.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Lighty for this post:
  • Multispacer
(30-06-2020, 05:54 AM)Lighty Wrote:  The washers are doing that because the pump needs replacing.
Try fitting a new cell CR 1620 . The procedure for reprogramming the key locking is to put the key in the ignition & turn on, hold the button on the key for 10 seconds.

Thanks for that, I had not gone for the obvious battery in the key previously as neither of my keys would operate the central locking but it was the batteries in both keys!!!

I shall now get a new pump on order to replace. I'm intrigued that on failing it just causes the rear output to work [hence I thought it was a confused BSI] Have you seen a number fail in this way or is it that there is some sort of valve in the pump that directs the output to either the front or rear that fails? As a temporary measure until the pump arrives, I suppose I could just interchange the output pipe from the pump so the front screen washer works, as that is more important than the rear.
(01-07-2020, 06:36 PM)Multispacer Wrote:  
(30-06-2020, 05:54 AM)Lighty Wrote:  The washers are doing that because the pump needs replacing.

Thanks for that, I had not gone for the obvious battery in the key previously as neither of my keys would operate the central locking but it was the batteries in both keys!!!

I shall now get a new pump on order to replace. I'm intrigued that on failing it just causes the rear output to work [hence I thought it was a confused BSI] Have you seen a number fail in this way or is it that there is some sort of valve in the pump that directs the output to either the front or rear that fails? As a temporary measure until the pump arrives, I suppose I could just interchange the output pipe from the pump so the front screen washer works, as that is more important than the rear.

Yes, the pumps fail quite commonly in this manner. There is a valve in the pump that fails, assume the motor rotates in different directions for front & rear, so if the valve gets stuck, the water goes to the wrong window.
Glad you sorted the keys.
Remember, always go for the easy option 1st  Smile
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Lighty for this post:
  • ron