Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple Carplay issue. 2019 Model
Hello there, I have a 2019 Berlingo with the infotainment system and Apple Carplay. This was a significant reason for purchasing this van. It had worked flawlessly since I purchased the van, however recently its started playing up, usually when I need it most. 

I have an iPhone X S. Running the latest software and a genuine Apple Lightning cable. This hasnt changed. 

I start my van and plug my phone in and Carplay starts. No problem. However. Recently, this hasn’t been happening. As soon as I plug the phone in, it starts charging, and the Infotainment will go into iPod mode and play music through the source. Howvever it is iPod only. Not Carplay. If i press the navigation symbol on the screen, it says Something along the lines of Navigation not present. Sometimes it will not work for a few days, and then it will randomly start working as normal. Ive noticed when I start the engine, the radio occasionally is blaring and carplay wont work at all. This is weird cause I never listen to the radio, I do everything through Carplay. 

Ive restarted my phone, re paired to Citroen, and tried with bluetooth off?

Anyone else have this tempremental issue? Anyone know a fix?

Thanks
Try rebooting the head unit by holding the menu button until it beeps, and restarts. Might help.

When you switch off the ignition, the stereo never actually powers down, it just goes to standby.
Previous:
2012 B9 1.6 HDi Van
2008 M59 1.6 HDi Van
2003 M59 1.9D Van
Sorry for being dense, where is the Menu button?

This is the big 8”? Touch screen
(25-08-2020, 06:15 AM)kpowell911 Wrote:  Sorry for being dense, where is the Menu button?

This is the big 8”? Touch screen

Keep your finger on the power button on the left hand side - I don't think this is your issue though.

Go into your phone and forget the car, start the car up and plug in to go back through the set up procedure as i think its an apple issue.
Previous Berlingo: 2015 1.6 L1850 90ps In Artic Steel inc Look Pack and Lighting Pack.

Previous Berlingo: K9 2018 Driver M 100ps in Platinum Grey with Safety Pack

Current Berlingo: 2021 K9 Driver M Pro 130ps EAT8 in Platinum Grey with Safety Pack
How long do I hold the power button for? Nothings happening other than muting the stereo?
I do think youre correct with it being a phone issue rather than thr Van however..... hmmm
i seem to recall mine once dropped out after a software update - one thing i did forget to do was allow the car access to the phone
Previous Berlingo: 2015 1.6 L1850 90ps In Artic Steel inc Look Pack and Lighting Pack.

Previous Berlingo: K9 2018 Driver M 100ps in Platinum Grey with Safety Pack

Current Berlingo: 2021 K9 Driver M Pro 130ps EAT8 in Platinum Grey with Safety Pack
(23-08-2020, 11:13 AM)kpowell911 Wrote:  Hello there, I have a 2019 Berlingo with the infotainment system and Apple Carplay. This was a significant reason for purchasing this van. It had worked flawlessly since I purchased the van, however recently its started playing up, usually when I need it most. 

I have an iPhone X S. Running the latest software and a genuine Apple Lightning cable. This hasnt changed. 

I start my van and plug my phone in and Carplay starts. No problem. However. Recently, this hasn’t been happening. As soon as I plug the phone in, it starts charging, and the Infotainment will go into iPod mode and play music through the source. Howvever it is iPod only. Not Carplay. If i press the navigation symbol on the screen, it says Something along the lines of Navigation not present. Sometimes it will not work for a few days, and then it will randomly start working as normal. Ive noticed when I start the engine, the radio occasionally is blaring and carplay wont work at all. This is weird cause I never listen to the radio, I do everything through Carplay. 

Thanks

Hi

Late reply but I have the exact same issue and was wondering if you've come up with a solution or reason? Usually the problem doens't appears if the car hasn't been running for a bit (half hour or so). So it usually works the first time I use the car in the morning, but if I then turn it of and then driving of again, it almost never works. Also, other people I know with other cars, don't have this issue with car play. So it seems to have something to do with the infotainment system. Have you found a way to restart it by force?

I've tried most things (including updating the infotainment system) but it seems to work the same anyways.

/Christian
(23-08-2020, 11:13 AM)kpowell911 Wrote:  Hello there, I have a 2019 Berlingo with the infotainment system and Apple Carplay. This was a significant reason for purchasing this van. It had worked flawlessly since I purchased the van, however recently its started playing up, usually when I need it most. 

Thanks

i had the all same issues after it ad worked spot on for the first 6 months that i had the van then for no reason ad all above issues.but since citreon did a update early September time on my head unit its all working spot on and also i updated to iOS15 on my iphone xr not long afterwards 
First thing would be to try another phone or 2 before you start digging into the van