Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headlight replacement
The inside of my headlamps are a bit oxidised from the sun and I was thinking of getting a new pair. Came across some on eBay but it shows 2 different headlamps. It says one is a newer one that changed slightly in 2012.  I was wondering is it possible to fit the newer ones as my van is 2009? The lights are the same shape but I’m not sure if the wiring would be the same for them

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Don't know if the wiring is different, I have the 2012 pre facelift ones myself like yours. I know the later headlight style has a longer under bonnet front grille trim that goes right along under the headlights at the front, shaped like a blade so if you fitted the newer style to your vehicle, it would maybe create a gap under the light even if you can connect it up. I could be wrong, and the extra room for the lengthened grille could be accommodated by the bumper being lower at that part.

If the newer ones are H4, W5W and P21W bulbs then the connections should be the same but the newer ones also might have an LED DRL fitted, again not sure.
My Van: 2012 B9 1.6 HDi Enterprise
(15-09-2020, 12:41 PM)Zion Wrote:  Don't know if the wiring is different, I have the 2012 pre facelift ones myself like yours. I know the later headlight style has a longer under bonnet front grille trim that goes right along under the headlights at the front, shaped like a blade so if you fitted the newer style to your vehicle, it would maybe create a gap under the light even if you can connect it up. I could be wrong, and the extra room for the lengthened grille could be accommodated by the bumper being lower at that part.

If the newer ones are H4, W5W and P21W bulbs then the connections should be the same but the newer ones also might have an LED DRL fitted, again not sure.
I have the one like the bottom on my car and they have the bulbs zion mention. The drl is fitted to what Zion is calling the blade section. I'm sure if u can zoon into my profile pic you should see what I mean.
2012 Berlingo multispace Plus 1.6 with boot jump  Smile
(15-09-2020, 11:37 AM)Lively Wrote:  The inside of my headlamps are a bit oxidised from the sun and I was thinking of getting a new pair. Came across some on eBay but it shows 2 different headlamps. It says one is a newer one that changed slightly in 2012.  I was wondering is it possible to fit the newer ones as my van is 2009? The lights are the same shape but I’m not sure if the wiring would be the same for them

If your headlamps are opaque like a lot of them are, the plastic lenses can be cleaned to polish out the mustiness which will be on the outside, not inside, Google headlamp cleaning techniques, usually a mild  paste like TCut or stronger.
(16-09-2020, 05:57 AM)INJEBRECK99 Wrote:  
(15-09-2020, 11:37 AM)Lively Wrote:  The inside of my headlamps are a bit oxidised from the sun and I was thinking of getting a new pair. Came across some on eBay but it shows 2 different headlamps. It says one is a newer one that changed slightly in 2012.  I was wondering is it possible to fit the newer ones as my van is 2009? The lights are the same shape but I’m not sure if the wiring would be the same for them

If your headlamps are opaque like a lot of them are, the plastic lenses can be cleaned to polish out the mustiness which will be on the outside, not inside, Google headlamp cleaning techniques, usually a mild  paste like TCut or stronger.
Thanks lads. No good polishing or cutting mine as the discolouration is on the inside. Thanks for the replies lads ??
I understand. We don't see much of the big yellow thing in Scotland at least. Can you find a breaker with the later lights and measure to see if they are identical in size across all faces? I think the connections will be the same.
My Van: 2012 B9 1.6 HDi Enterprise