Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central locking problems
2006 HDi Rear sliding doors not locking/ unlocking properly. Front doors working fine but finding rear doors either still locked or unlocked randomly, sometimes fine sometimes not. Have cleaned connections on door frame and on spring loaded pins but still suffering. Any ideas?
Are the pins still springy enough to make firm contact? Try lining them or the contact pads with bits of tin foil (from a Chinese takeaway tin) or steel washers etc.
Might be worth getting something like Contralube 770 to apply to the terminals to assist with the weatherproofing and connections.  I use it all the time on bulbs & connectors on vehicles and in the marine environment.
B9 (2016) 1.6 BlueHDi 100 Multispace XTR = Mine;   B9 (2013) Enterprise 1.6 HDi Van = Hers.
(24-09-2020, 09:44 PM)Rasputin Wrote:  Are the pins still springy enough to make firm contact? Try lining them or the contact pads with bits of tin foil (from a Chinese takeaway tin) or steel washers etc.

I took the plate with the contact pads on it off the door frame and packed the whole thing out with a 2mm plastic spacer. Seems to be working fine now although time will tell, the fault was always intermittent which makes it a swine to pin down!!
In that case it could be weakened springs. You seem to have got a temp fix done okay, but do some research on replacement springs before you need them!
(30-09-2020, 06:17 PM)Rasputin Wrote:  In that case it could be weakened springs. You seem to have got a temp fix done okay, but do some research on replacement springs before you need them!

Thanks, it's up to it's old tricks again today. Locking rear doors manually until I can resolve this.