Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gremlins again 2019 Berlingo Flair 130D s/s
See previous, but up till early October, all has been fine, then the stop start STOPPED!
Till yesterday when the pre service warning came up ( which co-incided with all previous issues).
It advised next service 1050 miles or 9 months.
The 9 months is correct, but my 2nd service will be end July 2021, and car has 9400 miles on clock, 1st service was at 7500 miles.
Today the stop start is fully working, EVEN if a couple of times it came on again whilst in stop mode.
Now something is triggering this issue OR I am inadvertently doing something to trigger it.
Is it possible that the window open, door open then ignition on IS either setting or upsetting the electronics.
I may be inadvertently doing something as I have a very narrow parking place and there sometimes is a situation that inadvertently mI may be doing.
Can I be advised what is the CORRECT sequence when doing this re- set.
One other thing, at Richmond Portsmouth, they have re- set this 3 times, annoyingly they bring up the £90 if fault is MINE, and told last time I should have paid for the fix ( car only 1 year old), and how considerate Richmond acted.
Now Richmond no longer have a Citroen franchise, they still do franchis work.
However Freebourne Fareham are 20 mins walk for me, has anyone any knowledge of them,will there be issues because the car was not bought there.
What do I say to eliminate me from the issues, up till now I have imaged the errors on the dash as evidence
My S&S also disappeared together with service notification.
2021 130hp 1.5 BlueHDi EAT8 L2 XTR Gris Platinum
ex: 2003 1.4i cargo
Boop - has yours still not worked since, or like mine works for a while then does not
I wrote a lot above, but can anyone suggest the door/window open/ ignition key re- set default ( if relevant to my car)
Thanks
Roger
It has but it's also gotten cold, which also disables S&S.
2021 130hp 1.5 BlueHDi EAT8 L2 XTR Gris Platinum
ex: 2003 1.4i cargo
(29-10-2020, 03:51 PM)RogerWill Wrote:  Boop - has yours still not worked since, or like mine works for a while then stops again always co- incidin with the service mileage error.
The fault seems so definitive, that its as if somehow I am un-booting the system in sequencing the door/ window and ignition
As above dealer has re- set 3 times in 1st year.
The engine seems to run cooler/ richer whens+ s is not functioning !
I'd say the biggest issue affecting stop start vehicles, is the battery. The BSI measures the state of charge at all times and if it thinks it's not up to SS, disables the function.

The battery monitor is built into the positive post clamp. May be worth a good old wire brushing of the posts, and clamps. If that doesn't do it, your battery may not be good enough for SS.
Previous:
2017 B9 1.6 BlueHDi Van
2012 B9 1.6 HDi Van
2008 M59 1.6 HDi Van
2003 M59 1.9D Van
Bit late here, but you may be right we had an issue with a C3picasso when they 1st came ouyt ,with the " push on" +Be battery clamp.
Maybe the might cause the too early service error send as well
Ta
(29-10-2020, 09:56 PM)RogerWill Wrote:  
(29-10-2020, 03:51 PM)RogerWill Wrote:  Boop - has yours still not worked since, or like mine works for a while then stops again always co- incidin with the service mileage error.
The fault seems so definitive, that its as if somehow I am un-booting the system in sequencing the door/ window and ignition
As above dealer has re- set 3 times in 1st year.
The engine seems to run cooler/ richer whens+ s is not functioning !

Right,in frustration contacted Citroen UK, Freebourne Citroen Fareham kept the car for a day n a half, after updating including both keys, the car now a month since HAS ALWAYS had a functioning Stop Start except when outside air temperature is near zero is 4C or less.
The fix I was advised was to charge the battery fully BUT LEAVE FOR AT LEAST 4 HRS before use of the car- allowing the onboard computer to acclimatise to the Niger battery state.
It seems that with Citroen's,the generator/computer will charge up to the existing battery voltage HOT charge to a higher level no matter what.
For example post lockdown last year I did 1600 miles (Oban and back)mainly motorway- at no time did the SS work.
I don't understand completely, as one has to wonder why the charge state became lower than the ideal.

I will report back in another month- then maybe 3 months after this.

Roger