Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heater Blower replacement
Hi all.  Just had my 2010 Berlingo HDI 75 back from the garage as the heater fan/blower stopped working.  I replaced the "resistor" above the accelerator hoping that would cure the issue but no luck.  Garage reckon the heater "blower motor" is at fault due to water ingress causing corrision, but they have not been able to find one other than at Citroen Main Dealer who wants around £370.00 !!!!.  There seem to be plenty on EBAY but not for my van which is very annoying . . . Anybody have any idea where I can buy a new/replacement "heater/blower" . . . . . I have telephoned our local (when I say "local" -I mean about 130 miles away) vehicle dismantler but no luck . . . . Does a blower from any other vehicle fit ? . . I understand some Peugeot Partner parts are inter-changeable !! . . . I have the part numbers of the old blower (which appears to have been made by "Denso") - but they no longer supply them . . . . Any help would be very much appreciated as it is currently -6 C outside and snowing heavily up here in the Highlands of Scotland and driving to work at 5.00am each morning is no fun !! . . . Thanks in anticipation - Mark . . . (p.s. - did I mention I wear a kilt ? - I REALLY NEED to get my heater working again - Lol  . . )  Smile
If as you say you changed the resistor then its not a big job for you to drop the motor out and see if its working by wiring it up to a battery or checking it with a meter, may only be sticking brushes.

The Peugeot is a Citroen with a different badge , I've searched for parts using Citroen and only found them by using Peugeot in the search.
2010 B9 red XTR w a v. 
2001 1.9d DW8B white  Berlingo  
2005 2.l green Berlingo
2001 1.9d DW8B white  Berlingo 
berlingo 1.4 red multispace
1993 xud 1.9 red partner
I fitted a genuine Denso unit on a C4 Picasso this week.
It’s the one with the half moon resistor integrated into the motor .
C4 is pretty much the same as a Berlingo, so this may well be the unit.
It was about £90 from Euro car parts & had the Citroën logos ground off.
Best thing to do is get the Citroën part number & then phone ECP with the number.
If it has the green resistor above the accelerator pedal then it won't work with the fan motor that has the finned aluminium speed control on the motor Mark. That's the wrong one.

Denso can't be had as they have no stock now, and they don't sell direct anyway (distributors only). The one you need will be hard to find, just been down this road myself. Find a used one but not the one with the finned metal crescent shaped controller built in, and watch for those ones without the metal bit attached on eBay, still the wrong fan motor.

If you have to get a new one...

The fan for manual AC is p/n 6441AS (same one as for no AC) and the resistor is p/n 648055 for both system types. Fan model is Denso with a white impeller. Denso part number: DEA07019

The 6441AR seems to be identical, not found out what the difference is, if any. Denso this time would be DEA07018

Equivalent parts: Febi 170360 which states cross reference to both Denso numbers and both Citroen numbers. So they must be the same in fit and function.

£150 to £250 if you can find one online or through a parts supplier but insist on the part number being used, not your registration. Or they'll get the wrong part. 3 times it happened to me before I figured out the right items to order.
Previous:
2012 B9 1.6 HDi Van
2008 M59 1.6 HDi Van
2003 M59 1.9D Van
I would be dismantling the old motor, you have nothing to lose, water ingress could mean that the bearings have seized, you may be able to sort that.

My big question would be how has the water got in and has the problem been solved, until that happens you are just going to keep getting the problem

Peter
The motor is not straightforward to dismantle and could be wrecked doing so. It's held together with one time use sprung caps like you see on the end of pram wheel axles (only thing I can describe them with) and it isn't meant to be taken apart. The casing of the motor has metal tabs keeping the cover on the armature but either end of the shaft has these caps, including the fan impeller.

I've rebuilt a lot of motors in my job, and this was not one I wanted to dismantle.

Water gets in easily, the fan sucks air from the grille below the wipers outside. Water is always going to enter in small amounts and builds up over time.

These motors are not easy to get hold of, if you wreck it, you're screwed. That's what you have to lose.

I sprayed lube in behind the nose and tail bearings and let it soak in. Took a few goes before it freed up. I have a test bench at home and was able to run the motor up and measure the current draw over time so I knew when it was free and it's been working ever since but I would not try to take it apart and I'm an engineer, I do this stuff for a living on expensive machinery.
Previous:
2012 B9 1.6 HDi Van
2008 M59 1.6 HDi Van
2003 M59 1.9D Van