Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rattle / rubber rubbing sound from the dash area
Hello,

recently, well, almost since new, my berlingo occasionally rattles somewhere around the windshield area. I have a version with modutop and sunroof. First, i thought that the noise comes from the sun visors. Sound somewhat reminds me of the visor's noise when you open or close them down. A ticking or rubbing rubber. I isolated the visors, padded those rubber bumpers/absorbers but the noise persisted. Then i was trying to really locate the source area and, at times, sounds like that sound is coming from the area behind the dashboard, or an area where dash meets the windshield. It does not depend on motor revolution. It doesn't even depend on the rughness of the road, well, id does not start every time, but bad road definitelly doesn't help :Smile Sometimes i can replicate the sound when i accelerate or break hard, or make fast, sharp turns. Problem is, i don't even know exactly where the damn rattle comes from. Does anyone have similar problem as i have?

Thank you!
Since you say modutop and sunroof I assume it's the XTR version. Had my XTR just over a year now, and no I don't have any smilar rattle.
2020  1.5 Blue HDi 130 Berlingo XTR
2009  1.5 Diesel Peugeot Partner
2007  1.5 Diesel Berlingo Desire
2003  Petrol Berlingo
(20-02-2021, 01:38 PM)Desdinova Wrote:  Since you say modutop and sunroof I assume it's the XTR version. Had my XTR just over a year now, and no I don't have any smilar rattle.

Yes, it's the XTR version. I am still not sure where the rattle comes from, but it seems it's louder on cold mornings, which further suggests it probably is related with some plastic/rubber part.
Thanks anyway!
Good luck finding it Big Grin
2020  1.5 Blue HDi 130 Berlingo XTR
2009  1.5 Diesel Peugeot Partner
2007  1.5 Diesel Berlingo Desire
2003  Petrol Berlingo
(25-02-2021, 03:43 PM)Desdinova Wrote:  Good luck finding it Big Grin

Ha, i am going to need it Tongue
I occasionally get an irritating rubbing/squeaking noise coming from where the central touchscreen meets the rest of the dash. I can't say if this is the same noise as on yours (also mine is a van, though I'm under the impression that the interior layouts are similar), but anyway it's easy to silence this particular noise by just manipulating the touchscreen a little. That is, until it does it again.....
Work van:     2020 1.5 BlueHDi 100 Enterprise Berlingo
Spare van:    2001 1.9 600d Berlingo
(07-03-2021, 04:05 PM)notsofast Wrote:  I occasionally get an irritating rubbing/squeaking noise coming from where the central touchscreen meets the rest of the dash. I can't say if this is the same noise as on yours (also mine is a van, though I'm under the impression that the interior layouts are similar), but anyway it's easy to silence this particular noise by just manipulating the touchscreen a little. That is, until it does it again.....

Mine is most likely coming from the upper dash area, probably somewhere around defrosting vents. It's really tricky to pinpoint it, since on a driving seat you literally hear the noise coming from the top windshield / roof area, but on passenger seat, you can distinctly hear it coming from the dashboard. I also have a rattling right side defrosting vent, one on the dash, over the cupholder. If i push a finger inside i can clearly see a flex there and a small gap (looks like connecting part/pipe which probably attaches on the housing/dash) that's moving a little and causes really annoying and loud rattling/buzzing sound. This one sounds quite differently - two plastics hitting together, while the original reminds of popping creak of the sunvisor when you open/move it after a while. I noticed that original dash sound also appears on a twisty road when i make fast sharp turns. Really looks like something isn't screwed tightly... Anyhow, really annoying...
Something has rolled down one of the screen vents perhaps?
B9 (2016) 1.6 BlueHDi 100 Multispace XTR = Mine;   B9 (2013) Enterprise 1.6 HDi Van = Hers.
Thumbs Down 
(10-03-2021, 07:22 PM)Pedronicus Wrote:  Something has rolled down one of the screen vents perhaps?

Most likely not.

yesterday i took some time and examined the whole thing a bit closer. It seems like there's quite a bit of misalignment of the dash. Gap between A pillar plastic trim and dashboard is a lot more noticeable on the right side (i can clearly see the clips inside) as on the left side. Additionally I ordered central console, which seems to be bent and not seated properly between the gearshift and the cubby under climate controls - there's 1 cm wide gap between the plastic, with very sharp edges,  where you can indefinitely "store" some coins or other small bits. Well done, Citroen! Dodgy
Take detailed photos/videos and take it back to the dealer, threatening to put the vids onto social media. You might get some sort of compensation.
Current: 2003 1.4i MS MPV - Lucifer Red
Prev: 2003 1.6 MS Desire - Bile Blue