Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Citroen app again.
Looking through the forum I can't see anything particularly recent or applicable - but I've had my Berlingo over a year now. I've tried different phones which are supposed to be suitable, different ways of connecting, deleting and re-downloading and followed all the instructions written and on video, and got all the latest system updates, tried wifi on or off, cables, bluetooth etc etc and everything I can think of or find instructions to....

Yet the thing still wont connect between the phone and the car to download/see the data supposed to be available,
I keep trying time and time again with each permutation and fail miserably. It's not as if it did once but doesn't now - it just never ever connected. It's not intermittent.
Is it a language specific thing or a location thing (German car, English app tried in Germany, Spain, Slovenia and Bosnia) or should I just give up?

Next thing if you'll bear with me - the system updates - maybe I've missed one as I'm going by mostly what the display is telling me, but is there a chronological list with reference numbers I can refer to? And the info I see on the screen about the latest version I have, that would be the same as one of the update references?
I'll need to check again but I'm almost certain I may have ended up doing the same update twice.
The My Citroen app tells me the latest update in from 19/06/2020 and reference version 4_085_19.1E028.5
Now a 2019 K9 1.2 petrol.
Before a 2010 B9 1.6 HDi diesel.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Mark604 for this post:
  • Dino
I've found it to be a bit hit and miss over the past 2 years and only works for me with wifi switched off on my phone (using samsung s7).
If I connect to van with wifi switched on it doesn't download journeys.
Sometimes an update of the app stops it working too,
Im finding version 1.27.0 quite stable, with all journeys downloading as they should.
I've only seen one person who got the full functionality of the app, and he had a Berlingo E (electric) model. I don't think it works properly with the petrol or diesel versions. Never heard of anyone else getting it working properly.
Previous:
2017 B9 1.6 BlueHDi Van
2012 B9 1.6 HDi Van
2008 M59 1.6 HDi Van
2003 M59 1.9D Van
Thanks for the answers. I wondered if it was just me. I don't really need it, just wanted it to work properly to have a play around with it.
I'll try again from time to time when I can be bothered but not hold out much hope. The niggle in my brain that can't work it out will now move on to something else.
Thanks.
It works for me (iphone XR) but I just find it extremely annoying that each time I start the engine and start moving I have to confirm on a pop up box on the phone that I'm happy for the app to connect to the car.  Shouldn't be pressing any buttons on phone screens once driving of course!

I have citroen update installed on my laptop - and if you open that it also tells you whether there are any software updates.
2020  1.5 Blue HDi 130 Berlingo XTR
2009  1.5 Diesel Peugeot Partner
2007  1.5 Diesel Berlingo Desire
2003  Petrol Berlingo
I've not seen how I can get update installed on my laptop. I thought it would just be on the app on the phone.
Is it from the Citroen website or something?
Question further then - I've looked also but can't see, maybe because I'm pathetic at it, but where I can find out if there are updates needed - not to the satnav though, don't have that, but to software or firmware? Somewhere I can put the VIN in maybe?
https://citroen.navigation.com/home/en_G...enEMEA/GBP

Enter your VIN and follow the directions
2020  1.5 Blue HDi 130 Berlingo XTR
2009  1.5 Diesel Peugeot Partner
2007  1.5 Diesel Berlingo Desire
2003  Petrol Berlingo
Thanks for the link. I think I did try that at some time before just to see but tried it again.
Two problems though, I don't have the Satnav option so this is just for satnav updates I think, not for system updates - nevertheless, when I put my VIN in the site always says "The VIN must be 17 characters in length. Please re-enter your VIN." - even though my VIN is 17 characters, or it says, "Invalid VIN. Please check that it is composed of 17 characters and starts with the letters ’VF7’." - which is a problem because mine starts with VR7.

It's a German registered car and I've tried through altering the website to German location/language but still doesn't come up with anything.
Worth a try though.
Hi mate! So it seems the My Citroen App is playing up with most other folks. Here’s what I’ve got:

I drive a 2020 Berlingo (Driver spec) 1.5 1000 Van. I’ve had the My Citroen app on my both my iPhone XR and now on my iPhone 12. The current version of the app is 1.28.1 (from what I recall). The last update via iOS was on or around 24/02/21. Check your app if using an iPhone. Prior to this update the app worked perfectly well. Sometimes it would take a couple of attempts to record all my driving etc, but after one journey it would correct itself and all journeys would show including low Ad Blue and low fuel. It would also display my servicing etc. However one thing it did show were all my Citroen Connected Services such Nav Map, Speed Alerts (that I pay £89 for per year) and Telematics. Yes grant it as someone else mentioned it’s such a pain having to receive a prompt on my iPhone to allow any journeys to be recorded by tapping my iPhone on notifications displayed at the top of my iPhone screen.

Sadly after the last update on 24/02/21 I’m now unable to view any of my Citroen Connected Services listing the start and expiry dates of any subscriptions. Also the servicing intervals and records under the heading Maintenance was showing the next service due at 25,000 miles or 1 year when it should be 2 years. Consequently I took my van for its first service this week and I was one year too early. The dealership still changed my oil and filter as I have a maintenance package with my lease hire. I’ll return at 25,000 miles for the full and correct service, but this could have been avoided had the app given me the right and correct information.

I have gone straight to the Citroen regular desktop website and I’m able to view all my connected services there.

Anyway once again I had reason to call customer services to register my app fault and complain yet again. The call centre now goes through to Morocco and dealing with these Citroen officials is tough especially when the manger finds it hard to string a sentence together. The lodged my fault query re the app and said the connected services tech team don’t take direct calls. Now almost 2 weeks gone all they’ve asked me to do is change my password. Completely useless as I still can’t see my connected services on the app. I finally lost it with him and said why on earth does Citroen PSA make such a big thing about their connected services when it’s such a pain to even try a rectify a fault! They should have a direct tech phone number instead of customer service just passing messages. It’s a complete shambles. I’m still waiting for an update. I don’t want to reinstall the app as I’ll lose 1 year of driving data and I’ve no idea how to save that data.

Also Map and speed alert updates is the most complicated procedure ever and that takes so long....that’s another issue. Also re the vehicle VIN number it’s says on the website to insert VF when mine also begins with VR!

Citroen PSA....they need to pull their finger out and sort all this crap out. I find my connected services so handy and important and for now they keep on maintaining a pretty rubbish and unreliable system. When it works it’s great and when not, be prepared for a long haul. UK dealerships are also useless when dealing with My Citroen issues....they haven’t a clue. I’m just going to wait for the next update for the app and hopefully that will restore the items missing from My Citroen. You may want to also know I’m in a two year lease plan due to end in august. My first brand new Berlingo van at the start of the lease had to be rejected after 6 months due to breaking front body trim due to bad design. They replaced this with a brand new Berlingo 6 months later.

Oh Citroen, I know they’re cheap compared to Vauxhall, Toyota and Peugeot, but it’s a minefield when things go wrong. Hope you sort it all! ????
For anyone needing to contact Citroen Customer Care Team:

Line 1 free phone: 0800 093 9393

Line 2 Direct: 024 7688 4444 (Head Office)

Danielle Bazeley
Customer Experience Manager,
Customer Experience Centre
Citroën Customer Care
citroen_uk-en@my-customerportal.com
Previous:
2017 B9 1.6 BlueHDi Van
2012 B9 1.6 HDi Van
2008 M59 1.6 HDi Van
2003 M59 1.9D Van
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Sol for this post:
  • Dino