Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diagbox / Lexia v7.62 software DVD ISO & pre-installed VM
Installing diagbox is a massive pain in the arse. I managed to do it in a virtual machine, and it works great.

It's Windows XP 32-bit. The diagbox version is upgraded to 7.62.

I created the VM in Virtualbox, not sure if it works on other systems.

You need 512MB of RAM free on your computer, and about 15GB of storage free.

It's a torrent, because it's 3.5GB in size.

Hope this helps some people!

The torrent link is here:

https://www.bfoliver.com/files/diagbox.zip.torrent

---

Also, here is the DVD of the software itself, since it seems like in some cases you need the drivers.

https://www.bfoliver.com/files/diagbox-i...so.torrent

Or if you have a 32-bit laptop, you can just straight up install diagbox from the ISO and away you go!

The instructions in this DVD are fine, apart from one line - do not connect to the internet, ever! The installation fails if you do that. Not sure why they  put that line in.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to benoliver999 for this post:
  • GregS, Harrythephot
Hi Ben I have downloaded VirtualBox 6.0.24 and am installing it on my old laptop not this one. It is a 64 bit as I don't have a 32 anymore. I'm learning this as I go so likely to balls up somewhere. I have a VB manager tools thing open so it must have loaded. Going to go to your other link now. Ok I have a file downloaded called diagbox.ova.torrent It is only 280 KB now I'm stuck how do I load it up?
(20-04-2021, 03:37 PM)RobS Wrote:  Hi Ben I have downloaded VirtualBox 6.0.24 and am installing it on my old laptop not this one. It is a 64 bit as I don't have a 32 anymore. I'm learning this as I go so likely to balls up somewhere. I have a VB manager tools thing open so it must have loaded. Going to go to your other link now. Ok I have a file downloaded called diagbox.ova.torrent  It is only 280 KB now I'm stuck how do I load it up?

Use a torrent downloading app like utorrent, download the file Ben posted (with .torrent extension) and open it with utorrent, it should download a big file like over 3GB.
That file you use in your vm software like virtualbox to make the virtual machine run.
Peugeot Partner Tepee 1.6 BlueHDI 100, year 2017
If you like gaming visit GameForest
Hi Deejay, Thanks for your help but that penguin holding a hammer looking in the Virtualbox toolkit is well more intelligent then me. Can you say that again in English for dummies please.
Found something called BitTorrent free download but my old pc thinks its a virus.
get this: https://www.utorrent.com/downloads/compl...ble/os/win
then download the torrent file and open it with utorrent
Peugeot Partner Tepee 1.6 BlueHDI 100, year 2017
If you like gaming visit GameForest
You will still need the Lexia / Actia interface drivers installed on the laptop itself, downloading a VM with DiagBox already installed is ok but Also you have to install the drivers for the interface on the base pc (should already be installed in the VM), then hand over the USB device (interface) to the VM once the main pc has seen it and has added it to device manager with a working driver installed.
2019 Mini Countryman Cooper SD All4 
Found the uTorrent download and started the install the virus protection is having a total meltdown as I told it to do the install and the thing is going mad just now. Glad its on my older laptop not this one.
@Zion I didn't have to install any drivers when I set up the VM, it took care of itself when I passed-through the USB device into it.

I had already installed diagbox however - could the drivers have been a part of that?

If you need the drivers to pass-through to the VM there's little use in me providing it I reckon, I might as well just provide an ISO of the actual diagbox DVD I have.

My host machine is linux so it's hard for me to say what it's like as a Windows host. On my machine it just went straight through to the VM with no issues.
(20-04-2021, 04:35 PM)Zion Wrote:  You will still need the Lexia / Actia interface drivers installed on the laptop itself, downloading a VM with DiagBox already installed is ok but Also you have to install the drivers for the interface on the base pc (should already be installed in the VM), then hand over the USB device (interface) to the VM once the main pc has seen it and has added it to device manager with a working driver installed.

Thanks Zion, I understand I still need the interface to get the car connected. If I can not sort the USB setup I will come back and ask for someone to walk me through it. I have only just sorted this Torrent download thing had to completely turn off virus protection to get it to start to download. Luckily it is going on a laptop I don't use now so will turn the wifi back off as soon as download is complete.