Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Transmission] 1.6HDi gear linkage replacement information
There are quite a few threads, but posting this afresh as it took a while to assemble...

There are three linkages and the big 1" wide ball which travels in the tube at the end of the transfer bar which runs to the base of the gearlever. I'm assuming the ball is held there by all the 3 links being in place, as mine was out.

PSA lists 2452-81 (253mm stud centre to stud centre) and 2454-F5 (97mm ditto) for my 56 plate car. Two of the latter needed. They are solid, unadjustable, so the angle is set. I think the gearbox is BE4R (manual).

Feb 22 - I found the longer arm for 12.99 discounted on ebay. Some Peugeot sellers are 30 quid.
The shorter arms are also available discounted if you search. I'm imagining the variable aftermarket ones are harder to set right unless you have an old link to compare to. My long link had snapped an end off so no way of assessing the fitting angle.

I could get the long link off (big end and pliers for taking off the broken small end) with some arm abrasion, without removing any bits of the engine. 
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to pondweed for this post:
  • cancunia
OK - fitting update.
The two small links were 'TOPRAN' make (6.25 each plus tiny postage) and fitted well with hand pressure. They have white grease inside the the cups which squidges up when you force the thing on. Both of the old ones ripped a bit when getting the large ends off. Near end of life at 108,000 miles. But with some small Stilsons, all came off with a bit of arm laceration... having the pull the internal ripped knuckle off last.
The long link was in a bag marked DO DEKAR OTOMOTIV - VITES CUBUGU DK1037.
Much harder to get the thing on - I put some white grease on the knobs and in the end had to compress them on with an adjustable mouth tool. The large end is more difficult as you cant press from directly underneath... a ball joint tool would be useful to compress rather than separate.
I had thought that both sets of parts were OE from the ad but plainly werent. Although seems good quality and it all works.