Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings from Oz
Hello all,
I’ve wanted a Berlingo for about 10 years and I finally have one: 2016, petrol, manual. It was advertised as MY17. From the research I’ve done so far that appears to be true, but I’m not sure how to confirm it. I’m looking forward to what I can learn here. 
Cheers
Welcome, you can check the date of manufacture via the RPO code. There will be some threads about it on here, just search fro 'RPO'. If nothing sensible turns up, someone will help.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to cancunia for this post:
  • melpa
Thank you!
Yesterday I was learning about the ORGA number, and it brought me to the same place that searching “RPO” did just now. Using that number it shows my Berlingo was built in July 2016. However, when I compare the specs of the MY2016 and MY2017 the latter matches with the information gathered from the VIN.
The RPO number is the exact build date from the factory, encoded into that number. It could have sat in stock for some time before being registered on the road, which would explain the registration being later than the build date. The last facelift was 2013 so the 2016 & 2017 vehicles should be identical other than any added extras between two models as ordered new.
Previous:
2017 B9 1.6 BlueHDi Van
2012 B9 1.6 HDi Van
2008 M59 1.6 HDi Van
2003 M59 1.9D Van
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Sol for this post:
  • melpa
(08-04-2022, 11:51 AM)Zion Wrote:  The RPO number is the exact build date from the factory, encoded into that number. It could have sat in stock for some time before being registered on the road, which would explain the registration being later than the build date. The last facelift was 2013 so the 2016 & 2017 vehicles should be identical other than any added extras between two models as ordered new.

Thanks for the reply.

It’s the “MY17” that’s throwing me. The 2016 L1 manual MY16 / MY17 have different specifications according to https://beta.redbook.com.au/compare/?ids...ITM-439970
Mine has more in common with the MY17. I found the engine number - PSA5F01 - as against PSA NFU which seems to confirm it. I’m curious to know whether there is another way to verify it.

Also, what’s the difference between an RPO number and an ORGA number?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The only website I'd really trust to identify a Citroen, is Citroen. What KW does your V5 say on it (or the Australian equivalent document) because that's what identifies the actual engine KW. Those are both petrol, is yours a petrol? We didn't get a petrol B9 in the UK. Also your engine model is encoded into the VIN.

In any case, the RPO number (ORGA - same thing) is applied to the vehicle by Citroen at the plant, when it's built, and identifies the exact month and year of the build.

Citroen used to give your vehicle build sheet for free at ServiceBox online but now they charge for that. You also have register.

https://service.citroen.com/
Previous:
2017 B9 1.6 BlueHDi Van
2012 B9 1.6 HDi Van
2008 M59 1.6 HDi Van
2003 M59 1.9D Van
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Sol for this post:
  • melpa
I think I'll try giving Citroen a call. I’m not having any luck with the official website or the Service Box link.

Yes, it’s petrol.
I spent a while decoding my vin number … 5FK (EP6CB) / 72kW
I also found the engine number plate: PSA5F01