Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updating Touch Screen
Hi,

I am one month into owning a new Berlingo 1.5 BlueHDI 130 Flair XTR M Start+Stop. I have also downloaded and am using the My Citroen App.

Since I have had it, the App has advised that there is a newer version of the Vehicle Touch Screen and NAV Map. I have downloaded the updates via an email to my ipad and picked them up from icloud on my pc. I have loaded them directly onto a USB stick but have no response from the car when I plug the USB stick in to the car.

I can't open the files on the pc, as it is not recognized by any programmes that I have on the pc, although it wants to try and open via Windows Media.

I would very much appreciate any help anyone could give on this. 

Thanks very much.

Ken Nice
You can only download the updates directly onto the USB stick via your laptop directly from the Citroen update programme. Doesn't work any other way.
2020  1.5 Blue HDi 130 Berlingo XTR
2009  1.5 Diesel Peugeot Partner
2007  1.5 Diesel Berlingo Desire
2003  Petrol Berlingo
Hi,

Still trying unsuccessfully to download updates.

I have now got to the point where I have downloaded update to pc and onto USB stick successfully. When I plug USB into car it comes up with:

"Version not compatible with hardware".

I have tried with 2 different USB sticks, one version 3.0 and the other version 2.0, both 32GB. I am only trying to download the software update, and not the maps. Nothing else is on in the car and my phone is not in the car.

It says in the loading instructions, "if this message comes up, the files on the stick or the formatting of the stick is incorrect. Start the entire procedure again with a new USB stick". I know both sticks are fine, as they have previously held data with no issues. The formatting was carried out as part of the transferring from PC to USB process.

I assume the downloaded software is correct, as data I submitted on the car was all recognized with no issues.

Anybody had similar issues, who could possibly help.

Thanks

Ken Nice
(23-03-2024, 12:27 PM)Kencnice Wrote:  Hi,

Still trying unsuccessfully to download updates.

I have now got to the point where I have downloaded update to pc and onto USB stick successfully. When I plug USB into car it comes up with:

"Version not compatible with hardware".

I have tried with 2 different USB sticks, one version 3.0 and the other version 2.0, both 32GB. I am only trying to download the software update, and not the maps. Nothing else is on in the car and my phone is not in the car.

It says in the loading instructions, "if this message comes up, the files on the stick or the formatting of the stick is incorrect. Start the entire procedure again with a new USB stick". I know both sticks are fine, as they have previously held data with no issues. The formatting was carried out as part of the transferring from PC to USB process.

I assume the downloaded software is correct, as data I submitted on the car was all recognized with no issues.

Anybody had similar issues, who could possibly help.

Thanks

Ken Nice

I'm not au fait with the touch screen, as my Berlingo is too old to have one but reading the message you are getting "if this message comes up, the files on the stick or the formatting of the stick is incorrect" what format is your USB stick formatted in? It may need to be in the FAT32 format for your vehicle software, whereas that is not necessarily the file format your MAC [which use APFS or HFS+] or even a PC [which use NTFS] would default to nowadays as it is quite an old format [lots of non PC/MAC consumer electronics still use the FAT32 file format]  

Maybe try reformatting the USB stick in FAT32?

https://www.howtogeek.com/73178/what-fil...usb-drive/

Current:
Not a Citroen  Cry

Previous:
2008 B9 1.6Hdi Multispace XTR
2007 M59 1.6Hdi Multspace Desire
2002 Xsara Picasso 2.0Hdi
1996 ZX 1.9TD Estate
I have seen this message but upon replugging the USB stick it worked fine.
2021 130hp 1.5 BlueHDi EAT8 L2 XTR Gris Platinum
ex: 2003 1.4i cargo