Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Retro fit cruise meltdown
Read so many different posts about this I’m starting to loose the plot. Some advice would be welcome. Fitted the stalk . Done the diag for BSI ok. When going to do ECU Saw Zion,s helpful pdf which when implemented didn’t work. Got to putting in the RPO number twice and instead of it going to turn the ignition off stage it comes up with “Access to authentication is not possible please try later” . Sure the RPO is right so not sure what to do next. On diag 7.86 would going back to 7.02 help which I read somewhere? Did the BSI OK so not sure why it won’t do this. Any ideas anyone.
(22-06-2022, 03:04 PM)OMG Wrote:  Read so many different posts about this I’m starting to loose the plot. Some advice would be welcome. Fitted the stalk . Done the diag for BSI ok. When going to do ECU Saw Zion,s helpful pdf which when implemented didn’t work. Got to putting in the RPO number twice and instead of it going to turn the ignition off stage it comes up with “Access to authentication is not possible please try later” . Sure the RPO is right so not sure what to do next. On diag 7.86 would going back to 7.02 help which I read somewhere? Did the BSI OK so not sure why it won’t do this. Any ideas anyone.

I cannot help with specifics because I've never had a B9... but “Access to authentication is not possible please try later” suggests very strongly that Diagbox is trying to connect to the PSA server to verify whether it is legit or not.

If this is right, maybe look again at how you first installed Diagbox, paying very close attn to instructions regarding access or rather no access to the web (or even to routers, wifi etc.) during installation.
Current: 2003 1.4i MS MPV - Lucifer Red
Prev: 2003 1.6 MS Desire - Blingo Blue
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gryffindor for this post:
  • OMG
It was installed from a disc . The internet is always off. Just followed instructions from the site that it was bought from. Got a feeling I might have to uninstall and reinstall up to a lower update see if that works. Loath to do that as it’s a right rigmarole. Any idea if there is anything in the preferences for the diag that might cause it?
It's too late a version for configuration changes to work, 7.86 is online only so it can do diagnostic stuff but not configuration changes. Which of course doesn't work, as it's a hooky copy of the real thing (which would cost a fortune)

You want 7.62 or close to that but no higher or you lose access to the configuration functions. I did a long post showing the versions, what the changes were, which had bugs etc. I'll post it below.

https://www.berlingoforum.com/thread-19848.html

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Zion for this post:
  • Gryffindor, OMG
Thankyou. Very interesting. Rigmarole it is then. Will give that ago.
I've just re-read the thread that Zion linked and had forgotten that I'd commented about installing 7.62. Only last week, I was looking for the best / latest fully working version & came up with 7.58 from another post...
@Zion is it possible to somehow 'sticky' the best version number somewhere?
I will indeed!

Thanks. Could you also pop a link into the 'Hot' threads at the top of the 'How To' section?
https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-12.html

Thanks.
Hot threads - sounds like something I wore back in the 70s...
Current: 2003 1.4i MS MPV - Lucifer Red
Prev: 2003 1.6 MS Desire - Blingo Blue
@cancunia - done.