Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stereo bongs lost
Sad 
Have seen some posts on here regarding steering wheel interface for stereo replace. Connect 2 CTSCT003.2AA has been mentioned. I gather you can adjust the clock with the column stalk but are the bongs for seat belt and reversing sensors retained?   Huh
That's the adaptor I had my eye on, however when I spoke to connects2 to confirm compatibility with both steering wheel controls, and reverse sensors, they came back with the suggestion of the CTSCT008 -https://connects2.com/Product/ProductItem/CTSCT008 

I'm using it with a Sony (and the multi lead remote cable), with very good results, however there are a couple of caveats...

The steering wheel clock controls are a little bit funky. They basically work quite well for most functions on the clock display, and flawlessly with my headunit, providing you read the instructions. It may depend on which version of display you have. I have the older, more simple (type A?) display. Sometimes moving between the page where you set Year/Month/Day/12-24/AM/PM doesn't seem to work. I'm not sure which combination of presses makes it behave, but I had to jump in and out of that page a few times before the scroll wheel would move between those options. Got there eventually, but you might need some patience. (...and jump leads at the ready if you play for too long - don't ask me how I know, but one thing I will say, with an aftermarket radio, economy mode doesn't save you any more!)

The reversing sensor tones - When I spoke to Connects2, they couldn't categorically confirm the CTSCT008 would work with all variants of parking sensors used in Berlingos. They asked if my tones were usually generated at the rear speakers (which they were with my factory non-bluetooth, aux in the glove box version of the RD4 radio) If your tones are in the rear speaker, this seems to be a good indicator that it will work for you. The other parking sensor variant is apparently less common. My B9 is a 2009 built model. I took the plunge and bought the adaptor after reading another thread on here about using a Lexia to divert the tones to a speaker in the steering column, which would have been my plan B if it didn't work out of the box.

I'm not sure if the tone is generated by the aftermarket radio, or the connects2 box, but the tone I have now is a bit harsher sounding that the factory beep. Not a biggie, just something to note. The seatbelt warning tone was unaffected, and seems to originate from the aforementioned steering column speaker.

Hope this helps - give me a shout if you have any more questions.
2009 B9 Multispace XTR 1.6 HDi 110 
Amdro Boot Jump Camper
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to lasercat for this post:
  • OMG
Thanks for the input. Job to know which one will work. I own a b9 van so don’t know whether that will make any difference. Rudie mods on eBay suggested this one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175336126567 which seems the same sort of thing. Will have to take the plunge and see what happens. Not cheap though on top of the price of a stereo! Cheers
Interesting find. Looks like a little beeper speaker coming off the yellow/brown wire, probably gives you a better chance of keeping the beeps, rather than routing the sound through the speakers, especially if you have the van version, which I assume doesn't have rear speakers?

You're right - this kit isn't cheap. I was lucky to find a cheap second hand one on eBay. The RRP cost is as much as a budget headunit!
2009 B9 Multispace XTR 1.6 HDi 110 
Amdro Boot Jump Camper
Yes absolutely. Just going to bite the bullet and hope it works correctly.
Reversing beeps on the van come from the front door speakers. To re-direct them to the steering column beeper in Diagbox is easy but the original stereo must still be in place to do this or the options disappear from Diagbox.
Previous:
2017 B9 1.6 BlueHDi Van
2012 B9 1.6 HDi Van
2008 M59 1.6 HDi Van
2003 M59 1.9D Van
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Sol for this post:
  • Matt Haigh, OMG
Ok Thankyou. That might come into play but at the moment the interface I am looking at has the beeper incorporated in it so probably won’t need to change anything.
(04-07-2022, 11:54 AM)Zion Wrote:  Reversing beeps on the van come from the front door speakers. To re-direct them to the steering column beeper in Diagbox is easy but the original stereo must still be in place to do this or the options disappear from Diagbox.

Can you tell me where in diag box this option is Zion. The adapter I bought seems to have given up already and if it’s easy to do might as just do that I think.
No worries mate.

The rear parking assistance output from memory is under the main BSI ecu section, (not Parking Assistance, or Radio, etc) and change it from speakers to fault buzzer or whatever it calls the little piezo in the steering column.

The original stereo has to be fitted before the options show up.

Go to BSI > configuration > manual configuration> parking assistance output > then you can select from front and rear to be speakers or fault buzzer.

I'm talking from memory as my last van had reversing sensors but the current one doesn't.
Previous:
2017 B9 1.6 BlueHDi Van
2012 B9 1.6 HDi Van
2008 M59 1.6 HDi Van
2003 M59 1.9D Van
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Sol for this post:
  • OMG
Thankyou. Glad I kept the original stereo!