Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Berlingo Multispaces
Hi everyone.  Thought I'd post a few photos of the two Multispaces that I've owned.

Nothing out of the ordinary - just good solid vehicles that I have been pleased with.

First my lovely M49 Forte from 2002 1.6 petrol which I owned for 15 years until last month.  It only ever let me down once due to a sudden broken clutch cable (with no warning!).  And passed every single MoT.  Can't get much better than that.

The following photos from last month before sale to a lovely couple who will use it for weekend adventures.  I'm glad it went to someone who will really look after it.  My late wife and I went everywhere in it.  Missing it already....! Heart

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Then: M49 Forte  Heart
Now: B9 XTR  Big Grin
...and a few more...

Wow, you really looked after that. Some very lucky new owners.

Sent from my Nokia X20 using Tapatalk
2013 Berlingo XTR 1.6 HDi 90 (WAV)
2016 Partner Tepee 1.6 Blue HDI S/S (WAV)
2020 VW Caddy Maxi Life 2.0 TDI (WAV)

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to MarkT for this post:
  • Vivian
(13-08-2022, 03:18 PM)MarkT Wrote:  Wow, you really looked after that.  Some very lucky new owners.

Sent from my Nokia X20 using Tapatalk
Thanks Mark.  Yes a nice couple who were really enthusiastic about it.  They said they will keep me updated with photos on their travels.  I'll have to get them to join the forum.  Cheers.  Vivian.
And now this is my new Berlingo!

I was lucky enough to find this 2016 B9 XTR at a local main dealer with just 23,500 miles on the clock, and full service history.  I was surprised that a 6 year old vehicle was at a main dealer (a Jaguar Land Rover place no less!) and I figured they wouldn't have sold it on themselves if it wasn't A1.

The first thing I have done is put in some genuine Citroen rubber floor mats; though the vehicle came complete with proper Citroen carpet ones, I tend to find the driver's one wears quickly.  They are in excellent condition so I'm keeping them for "best"!  The new luggage space mat is really good and heavy.

I'm pleased with the new model - looks and feels a lot bigger than the previous one to drive - maybe heavier as well?  But as well as being more economical to tax and fuel I do feel safer in it.  My only worry about the M49 was driving at night, especially in the rain or fog.  I thought the rear lamp size and brightness was very poor.  Never got round to upgrading the bulbs to halogens.  Someone told me it is illegal to do that so I didn't bother.

Vivian, that little M49 is a credit, what a beauty! After 20 years, it looks like it just rolled out of the factory. Wow.

Now...the B9 is an absolute stunner. I love that colour. It is as clean as a refs' whistle. That is a cracker, you did well there.

Any plans for mods?

One tip for lights on the B9, NightBreaker 200% H4 bulbs.... Just get those.
Previous:
2017 B9 1.6 BlueHDi Van
2012 B9 1.6 HDi Van
2008 M59 1.6 HDi Van
2003 M59 1.9D Van
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Sol for this post:
  • Vivian
That red carpet on the former one is nice touch.

I’ve never seen the OEM rubber cabin mats of the B9. They seem to have the same pattern as the boot mat which I have as well. Nice detail as well.

I tend to like the XTR ”SUV” matte black cladding, wish I had those too.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Drummond for this post:
  • Vivian
    Hi folks, quick update from me.  The B9 HDi XTR is excellent - all perfect since the software update done by Citroen to cure the touch screen issues.

I have made just one very small modification - hardly worth mentioning but it is something that was bugging me.  The footrest next to the clutch pedal is carpeted, and I noticed it was getting very grubby and starting to wear.  So I simply cut a s small piece of rubber matting to shape and attached it to the carpet with Velcro.  The rough side of the Velcro sticks to the carpet well - though I did glue the strips on to the back of the rubber rather than just rely on the self-adhesive.

Now I can just pull the rubber away from the carpet and sponge it clean.

Cheers.

Vivian
I love that! I always thought they should have put a plastic dead-pedal on that area.

I also recognise the Halfords budget mat material - it's way better than you'd think for the money! Tough as hobnail boots.
Previous:
2017 B9 1.6 BlueHDi Van
2012 B9 1.6 HDi Van
2008 M59 1.6 HDi Van
2003 M59 1.9D Van
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Sol for this post:
  • Vivian
(13-08-2022, 08:59 PM)Zion Wrote:  Vivian, that little M49 is a credit, what a beauty! After 20 years, it looks like it just rolled out of the factory. Wow.

Now...the B9 is an absolute stunner. I love that colour. It is as clean as a refs' whistle. That is a cracker, you did well there.

Any plans for mods?

One tip for lights on the B9, NightBreaker 200% H4 bulbs.... Just get those.
I'll Second swappping the Lamps well worth it ....

Jake