Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MOT pass...
Big Grin 
Well the old girl passed her MOT today, just a mention that the rear of one sill will need a tickle with the MIG soon and one CV gaiter has what were described as 'pinholes'. I had already replaced the anti-roll bar links that were advised on the last 2 MOTs, annoying as it was only the boots on the joints that were gone.

TBH I'm glad I kept it and had the head Ect done, as I only do about 2K miles a year and it's only showing 95K hopefully it's got a bit more life in it yet.
My van: 2008 Berlingo 1.6 HDi Enterprise - a bit ratty!
That's a result, Ratty. Well done.
Previous:
2017 B9 1.6 BlueHDi Van
2012 B9 1.6 HDi Van
2008 M59 1.6 HDi Van
2003 M59 1.9D Van
Always a nice feeling driving out of MOT station with another 12 months motoring and no expensive repairs on the horizon
Well done !! ... another year of cheap motoring .... yippeee !
2007 M59 1.6 HDi 

Serieal Berlingo owner  Heart Heart Heart
Ours failed on Friday, back box and ball joint. Bought the box and wishbone on the way home and fitted them yesterday so it will be back first thing Monday for a retest.
So where does this bit go then ?
Good result Mr F and even better a straightforward fix. Last week mine went thro' the Irish equivalent - an NCT - and last year the front suspension had an imbalance of 28% - max is 30% .  Took the view that it may have got better (!) but sensed when the man took it thro' the suspension shaking machine the first time that it wasn't going to pass.
However what he was doing was 'priming' the weaker side and at the third attempt it was 30%, a pass!  Dropped a bottle in to him as it took the pressure off of fixing it in winter.
Have already now got 2 shocks and top mounts in stock ready for next Summer! Cool
Done and dusted for another year. I think I'll get the aircon recharged next week then everything will be working.
So where does this bit go then ?
(23-10-2022, 11:55 AM)oilyrag Wrote:  Good result Mr F and even better a straightforward fix. Last week mine went thro' the Irish equivalent - an NCT - and last year the front suspension had an imbalance of 28% - max is 30% .  Took the view that it may have got better (!) but sensed when the man took it thro' the suspension shaking machine the first time that it wasn't going to pass.
However what he was doing was 'priming' the weaker side and at the third attempt it was 30%, a pass!  Dropped a bottle in to him as it took the pressure off of fixing it in winter.
Have already now got 2 shocks and top mounts in stock ready for next Summer! Cool

I was over driving my Berlingo in Northern Ireland last week, couldn't believe how bad the roads were in places, worse than Essex and that takes some doing. Proper suspension testing stuff.
Matt
2019 Multispace BlueHDi 100 Flair Nimbus Grey Met