Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Brakes] front brake flexihose B9
Hi, can anyone tell me if this is the flexible hose that needs replacing because of corrosion at the left side or if it comes as a part with pipe at either end. This is at passenger side front wheel, thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That hose is the kind where the ends are crimped / swaged on so yes, the entire hose would need replaced to get rid of the corroded ends, but also the part which screws into the hose end is also rusted.

Is this a power steering hose? Looks like it could be that or air con, as it looks like its been taken above the engine bay - although you say front wheel, its not looking like a brake hose in the wheel well area. Are you just trying to remove the rusty parts for good ones, or do you have an issue? New hose ends will rust again in less than a year unless you kept them greased with Lithium or similar.
Previous:
2017 B9 1.6 BlueHDi Van
2012 B9 1.6 HDi Van
2008 M59 1.6 HDi Van
2003 M59 1.9D Van
Thanks for that. I have just been looking in the engine bay as only recently bought the car. Not having any issues with brakes or ac so was just wondering what the hose/pipe is for. Maybe this picture shows its position clearer.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ah ok, that looks like your hydraulic clutch pipe from that picture.
Previous:
2017 B9 1.6 BlueHDi Van
2012 B9 1.6 HDi Van
2008 M59 1.6 HDi Van
2003 M59 1.9D Van
If you get hold of a can of ACF50 - used to stop corrosion on things like helicopters - amazing stuff as it really stops corrosion - a tiny drop spreads to cover a fitting such as that and arrests the issue, and creeps into threads etc. It seems expensive, but it really does work incredibly well. http://www.ebay.ie/itm/144739284987?hash...R4q_mdn5YA
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to oilyrag for this post:
  • saskak
(12-10-2022, 07:04 PM)oilyrag Wrote:  If you get hold of a can of ACF50 - used to stop corrosion on things like helicopters - amazing stuff as it really stops corrosion - a tiny drop spreads to cover a fitting such as that and arrests the issue, and creeps into threads etc. It seems expensive, but it really does work incredibly well. http://www.ebay.ie/itm/144739284987?hash...R4q_mdn5YA

Does it really work? The description looks quite amazing. I might have to try it on my M59 with multiple areas of slight rust starting to form.

Not too sure about the OP, as it may look a bit wet during MOT and fail as might looks like weeping brake fluid, unless one wipes it clean before a check.
smile, you are alive! Peugeot Partner Escapade (same as M59, but with offroady-ish look) 2007, 1.6HDi 92
https://www.youtube.com/c/moremolecules
It is a clutch pipe not a brake pipe. Would a leaking clutch pipe be a fail?

Peter
(12-10-2022, 09:03 PM)saskak Wrote:  
(12-10-2022, 07:04 PM)oilyrag Wrote:  If you get hold of a can of ACF50 - used to stop corrosion on things like helicopters - amazing stuff as it really stops corrosion - a tiny drop spreads to cover a fitting such as that and arrests the issue, and creeps into threads etc. It seems expensive, but it really does work incredibly well. http://www.ebay.ie/itm/144739284987?hash...R4q_mdn5YA

Does it really work? The description looks quite amazing. I might have to try it on my M59 with multiple areas of slight rust starting to form.

Not too sure about the OP, as it may look a bit wet during MOT and fail as might looks like weeping brake fluid, unless one wipes it clean before a check.

Yes it really does work - I started using it over 20 years ago and swear by it - never had any issues with it being mistaken for fluid leaks.
Apart from cars I used to use it on my old motorbikes and here in Ireland on tools, which 'sweat' in the damp climate. A can will last years - rather than squirt from the aerosol onto the part put a little in a plastic lid and apply with a kids paintbrush or a twisted pipe-cleaner, again kid's type.  Works on alloy, stopping the frosting, as well as steels/plating.  
If its larger areas of bodywork rust rather than component I'd suggest Waxoil, thinned with White Spirit.  
All of the bare bright steel work on this car was kept that way by using ACF50 !

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to oilyrag for this post:
  • saskak
(13-10-2022, 06:49 AM)Romahomepete Wrote:  It is a clutch pipe not a brake pipe.  Would a leaking clutch pipe be a fail?

Peter

Apologies, I probably skim-read some of it and thought it is a brake hose. I doubt it will fail for a "weeping" clutch connection.
smile, you are alive! Peugeot Partner Escapade (same as M59, but with offroady-ish look) 2007, 1.6HDi 92
https://www.youtube.com/c/moremolecules
Thanks for all the help. it's actually a clutch control pipe feeding the slave cylinder and looks fairly easy to change with a bleed of the slave cylinder once completed.