Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fit automatic gear selector switch
Hi I've been looking everywhere for information on how to fit this part, but zero joy so far!  Could anyone please direct me to information on this?  Picture of part in the attachments, it fits on the dashboard and controls the automatic gear selection             , part 9672503580 / 96725035xt. Thanks, Geoff
Pain staking removal using a plastic pry tool on the tabs at 4 positions on the inner edge behind the thick outer rim I'm afraid. You can see one at 12 o'clock on your middle picture. 

The vents are the same as this. I changed two of mine in the summer and it took me an hour to get one out. In the end I wrapped heavy duty fishing twine round the vent (in your case the auto switch) a couple of times behind the outer visible lip, then using a piece of plastic (the trim tool) I twisted it round and round into a Spanish windlass which pressed all 4 tabs quite a bit and that made the second vent easier to remove using a second pry tool. 

Still very awkward. 

You can see the tabs here:

Marked in red:

Windlass works something like this:

Previous:
2012 B9 1.6 HDi Van
2008 M59 1.6 HDi Van
2003 M59 1.9D Van
(25-12-2022, 06:56 AM)Zion Wrote:  Thanks for taking the time to reply, very helpful.  I'm struggling to imagine getting one of those pry tools into the very minimal space that's available.  Perhaps I'll pay my mechanic as they'll probably do it in 5 minutes!

Pain staking removal using a plastic pry tool on the tabs at 4 positions on the inner edge behind the thick outer rim I'm afraid. You can see one at 12 o'clock on your middle picture. 

The vents are the same as this. I changed two of mine in the summer and it took me an hour to get one out. In the end I wrapped heavy duty fishing twine round the vent (in your case the auto switch) a couple of times behind the outer visible lip, then using a piece of plastic (the trim tool) I twisted it round and round into a Spanish windlass which pressed all 4 tabs quite a bit and that made the second vent easier to remove using a second pry tool. 

Still very awkward. 

You can see the tabs here:

Marked in red:

Windlass works something like this: