Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BlueHDi disasters
I have lost all hope for keeping a diesel K9 for long term. They will be gone the day warranty runs out. The higher mileage units (50K and 60K miles) have been through significant repairs already. The older has had Adblue tank replaced, some sensors replaced. Today the cat, urea injector seals and some pressure tubing replaced. The dealer tried hinting at perhaps we should not do under 20 mile trips and they will try to wiggle out of warranty soon because the cars are also used for in town driving.

The other one is still waiting for EGR parts. Looking forward to the other two fail miserably.
2021 130hp 1.5 BlueHDi EAT8 L2 XTR Gris Platinum
ex: 2003 1.4i cargo
My next vehicle will be back to German again. I'm done with French myself.
Previous:
2017 B9 1.6 BlueHDi Van
2012 B9 1.6 HDi Van
2008 M59 1.6 HDi Van
2003 M59 1.9D Van
I came from the golf tdi mk4 but second hand. Every year I had to pay something extra for repair ontop of the annual service.
So this was my first new car. I didn't want a citroen or any brand specifically. My criteria was definely automatic, diesel, smaller engine than the 1.9tdi and either again a station wagon or a multistage as I use the car to do shopping for my Restaurant.
I liked the size of the dacia , I forget the model now, but didn't come in automatic and diesel at the time. I found the berlingo too big but thank god size wise the berlingo was the right choice as I fill it most times.
Just came back from another 450kms round trip no problem.
However everytime there is a bump in the road or something slightly unexpected which may feel like a small jerk, my heart stops....
Berlingo 1.5 Hdi Eat8 
My K9 experience is fairly balanced at the min but my mate has had virtually all emmissions related items replaced (under warranty luckily) to cure a white smoke problem. Adblue pump for me was done at 98K about 10 weeks ago (£850), today i replaced the DPF at a cost of £1650, Adblue injector was done at 57K then needed stripped and de carbonised at 94K but that was not a big job. Water pump and belt kit was done under warranty, strut tops under warranty also.

However on balance against my B9 it has cost me more but you can really say how much. My B9 was bad for DPF additive pumps going but the K9 has had this system removed as the DPF is higher up the exhaust now.

Citroen have told me the DPF needs programmed so at min this is a Citroen dealer or a Citroen independent job. The have also said that the DPF counters can no longer be reset so when ECU says your filter is done then it is done. I am running 50k a year on average so will soon find out more. Also today the number 1 fan (Slower speed) relay unit was replaced, relay and resistor as it was corroded and had fell off but is a common problem.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to kingy1912 for this post:
  • boop
Update. After a month of spare part wait with the car disassembled they have replaced whatever they ordered, including EGR something and it had no effect. Back to square one.
(10-03-2023, 01:40 PM)boop Wrote:  Update. After a month of spare part wait with the car disassembled they have replaced whatever they ordered, including EGR something and it had no effect. Back to square one.

So sorry to hear that. Is the throttle body you mentioned the same part as the throttle positioning sensor that I got changed??
Berlingo 1.5 Hdi Eat8 
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Elgreco for this post:
  • boop
(10-03-2023, 04:09 PM)Elgreco Wrote:  
(10-03-2023, 01:40 PM)boop Wrote:  Update. After a month of spare part wait with the car disassembled they have replaced whatever they ordered, including EGR something and it had no effect. Back to square one.

So sorry to hear that. Is the throttle body you mentioned the same part as the throttle positioning sensor that I got changed??

TPS is usually attached to throttle body (butterfly), so apparently yes. I'm not familiar with this particular engine setup, maybe it's all in the pedal. Who knows, I need to talk to someone more experienced than the lady picking up the phone at the dealer.
(10-03-2023, 05:40 PM)boop Wrote:  
(10-03-2023, 04:09 PM)Elgreco Wrote:  

TPS is usually attached to throttle body (butterfly), so apparently yes. I'm not familiar with this particular engine setup, maybe it's all in the pedal. Who knows, I need to talk to someone more experienced than the lady picking up the phone at the dealer.
If you need me to find out the fault code, if there is one associated with what was wrong with mine, let me know and I can ask my independent mechanic. I m only saying this as citroen here couldnt pick up on it and  claimed it was all other stuff, as you know from my posts.
Berlingo 1.5 Hdi Eat8 
Diesels are now a waste of time and money.
Previous:
2017 B9 1.6 BlueHDi Van
2012 B9 1.6 HDi Van
2008 M59 1.6 HDi Van
2003 M59 1.9D Van
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Sol for this post:
  • jj9
Very interesting.