Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TU5JP4 NFR and TU5JP4 NFU 1.6L petrol differences
Hi guys,

I know these two petrol engines are 1 in a 1000 compared to the DV6 diesels, but I cannot for the life of me work out what the practical differences are between these two TU5JP4 petrol variants that make the NFR only 90hp, and the NFU 110hp.

I'm hoping it's a simple case of a different ECU map and not down to a physically different set of cams, or cylinder head.

If anyone knows what the score is with these two, I'd appreciate it

Cheers, James

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
The extra HP with the 110 B9 diesel is due to a different turbo, maybe the same on petrol?
--------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Iron Grey XTR 110 with lots of bits and bobs.
If they are both NA (non-turbo) then its very unlikely you would get 20hp from a remap on a non-turbo engine. That would suggest more aggressive cam profiles, bigger valves and perhaps VVTI timing to wring an extra 20 horses out.

But...I'm guessing as I know nowt about the Citroen petrols.
Previous:
2017 B9 1.6 BlueHDi Van
2012 B9 1.6 HDi Van
2008 M59 1.6 HDi Van
2003 M59 1.9D Van
(10-05-2023, 11:53 AM)Zion Wrote:  If they are both NA (non-turbo) then its very unlikely you would get 20hp from a remap on a non-turbo engine. That would suggest more aggressive cam profiles, bigger valves and perhaps VVTI timing to wring an extra 20 horses out.

AFAIK, there is no VVTI timing on the 1.6 petrol 110bhp. It is probably the valves, ECU mapping cam profiles, etc. It is an extremely simple engine, none of those fancy Japanese VVTI things Big Grin, hence it drinks petrol like crazy (ask me how I know, hahaha), but can happily rev to 6-7,000rpm.
smile, you are alive! Peugeot Partner Escapade (same as M59, but with offroady-ish look) 2007, 1.6HDi 92
https://www.youtube.com/c/moremolecules
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to saskak for this post:
  • jemselectrical, Sol
(10-05-2023, 02:39 PM)saskak Wrote:  
(10-05-2023, 11:53 AM)Zion Wrote:  If they are both NA (non-turbo) then its very unlikely you would get 20hp from a remap on a non-turbo engine. That would suggest more aggressive cam profiles, bigger valves and perhaps VVTI timing to wring an extra 20 horses out.

AFAIK, there is no VVTI timing on the 1.6 petrol 110bhp. It is probably the valves, ECU mapping cam profiles, etc. It is an extremely simple engine, none of those fancy Japanese VVTI things Big Grin, hence it drinks petrol like crazy (ask me how I know, hahaha), but can happily rev to 6-7,000rpm.

Bump

This is an older thread that wasn't really answered.. I have also a Berlingo with the the NFR engine and it's slooooooow. The extra 20hp could be really useful.
Any ideas? Anyone?
Chris
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Sockrancher for this post:
  • jemselectrical
(20-10-2023, 02:30 PM)Sockrancher Wrote:  
(10-05-2023, 02:39 PM)saskak Wrote:  

Bump

This is an older thread that wasn't really answered.. I have also a Berlingo with the the NFR engine and it's slooooooow. The extra 20hp could be really useful.
Any ideas? Anyone?
Chris
Absolutely need to get to the bottom of this conundrum. I suspect it's down to a different ECU map and probably different injectors. The valves and cams are identical part numbers for the NFR and the NFU, so can't be anything to do with those

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk