Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tailgate stuck
So my tailgate will not open , I can hear the solenoid working but the thing won't budge , it was ok yesterday.
is there any other way to get it open ??
If you can get the liner off, you can ping the latch by hand. Get someone to press the button and watch what's trying to move using a mirror or your phone. Chances are, if you blast some spray grease in there, it'll come back to life.
Could be worse.... Could be a Caddy.
(04-02-2024, 07:16 PM)Wightlingo Wrote:  So my tailgate will not open , I can hear the solenoid working but the thing won't budge , it was ok yesterday.

If you read your handbook it will show you how to open the tailgate from the inside using a small flat bladed screwdriver by inserting it into the slotted hole in the lock mechansim
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Daveyboy for this post:
  • Wightlingo
(05-02-2024, 05:25 PM)Daveyboy Wrote:  
(04-02-2024, 07:16 PM)Wightlingo Wrote:  So my tailgate will not open , I can hear the solenoid working but the thing won't budge , it was ok yesterday.

If you read your handbook it will show you how to open the tailgate from the inside using a small flat bladed screwdriver by inserting it into the slotted hole in the lock mechansim

I will have a look at that in the morning.
Try pushing the bottom of the door in while operating the central locking.
So where does this bit go then ?
So I took the offside rear seat out and climbed in, I found the slot and stuck a screwdriver in and hey berlingo tailgate opens , you have to move the visible bit in the slot sideways  to do this, it did seem to be a bit slow moving so it has had a dose of GT85 so hopefully that should cure it Smile
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Wightlingo for this post:
  • ffrenchie
(06-02-2024, 10:10 AM)Wightlingo Wrote:  So I took the offside rear seat out and climbed in, I found the slot and stuck a screwdriver in and hey berlingo tailgate opens , you have to move the visible bit in the slot sideways  to do this, it did seem to be a bit slow moving so it has had a dose of GT85 so hopefully that should cure it Smile
Glad it all worked out well for you in the end.

Because I also use mine as a camper I have threaded some strong cord through that slot and then fastened both ends to the nylon pull down handle on the rear door card to enable me to easily open the tailgate from the inside at any time simply by pulling on the cord - a cheaper option than taking the door card off (and having to replace all the broken clips) and cutting into the wiring to fit a momentary switch - just to achieve the same result.