Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eolys low level
Hi all,

At my last fuel fill up I got a 'Risk of Clogging, ad level low' warning and an orange triangle warning light which now comes on at every start up.
I know the Eolys fluid is good for around 100k and the car is on 98k so it makes sense that this is the problem.
My car is a 2013 16hdi Multispace which has an Eolys tank rather than a pouch, so I can buy fluid and top it up no bother. The problem I'm going to have is clearing the fault to stop the car going into limp mode after the next couple of re-fuels.
I have an icarsoft EU Pro scanner which can do a forced DPF regen or tell the ECU that the DPF has been replaced, but there's no facility that I can see to tell the ECU that the eolys tank has been replenished or replaced ?
Does anyone know of a reasonably priced tool that can do this reset ? I know the likes of 'Diagbox' can do this but I don't have a windows computer which kinda puts that out of the equation for me. Only other option I can see is to find someone with a tool that can do this, I am in the Durham, Northeast UK area and would be happy to pay anyone local-ish with Diagbox or similar to do the reset.
Last resort would be a local Citroen dealer..

Any help would be greatly appreciated
2013 B9 16HDi Multispace Kyanos Blue (Plan to Camperise)
(12-04-2024, 08:18 AM)SteveE Wrote:  Hi all,

At my last fuel fill up I got a 'Risk of Clogging, ad level low' warning and an orange triangle warning light which now comes on at every start up.
I know the Eolys fluid is good for around 100k and the car is on 98k so it makes sense that this is the problem.
My car is a 2013 16hdi Multispace which has an Eolys tank rather than a pouch, so I can buy fluid and top it up no bother. The problem I'm going to have is clearing the fault to stop the car going into limp mode after the next couple of re-fuels.
I have an icarsoft EU Pro scanner which can do a forced DPF regen or tell the ECU that the DPF has been replaced, but there's no facility that I can see to tell the ECU that the eolys tank has been replenished or replaced ?
Does anyone know of a reasonably priced tool that can do this reset ? I know the likes of 'Diagbox' can do this but I don't have a windows computer which kinda puts that out of the equation for me. Only other option I can see is to find someone with a tool that can do this, I am in the Durham, Northeast UK area and would be happy to pay anyone local-ish with Diagbox or similar to do the reset.
Last resort would be a local Citroen dealer..

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I had a similar issue, but my Eolys fluid ran out at 50k. I do lots of stop start driving. There is a kit to replenish the box which was done successfully but a warning came up that it now had a low pressure problem. The reset can be done easily if you have the required Citroen proprietary software. However, even with a reset it kept coming up as a pressure error. My local garbage then reprogrammed it to say an entire new box had been installed. Worked perfectly after.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Vanneria for this post:
  • SteveE
(12-04-2024, 10:58 AM)Vanneria Wrote:  I had a similar issue, but my Eolys fluid ran out at 50k. I do lots of stop start driving. There is a kit to replenish the box which was done successfully but a warning came up that it now had a low pressure problem. The reset can be done easily if you have the required Citroen proprietary software. However, even with a reset it kept coming up as a pressure error. My local garbage then reprogrammed it to say an entire new box had been installed. Worked perfectly after.

Thanks for the reply Vanneria.

Yeah I've sussed out how to fill the tank and can get a kit off eBay no probs. It's the reset I'm gonna need doing and if whoever does it needs to say it's had a new tank / box then so be it.. Hoping there's someone not too very far from me who has the software tool to do it.
Do you remember how much the garage charged you for the reset ?

Cheers
(12-04-2024, 11:25 AM)SteveE Wrote:  Do you remember how much the garage charged you for the reset ?

Cheers

I recently used a re-fill kit and my local, small independent garage charged £20 for the reset.
(13-04-2024, 06:38 AM)Teep Wrote:  I recently used a re-fill kit and my local, small independent garage charged £20 for the reset.

Thanks for the reply Teep

I'd be over the moon to pay £20...
Filling tank today then will look around for someone to do the reset
I wrote a long reply but the server crashed and lost it :-( anyway I've told the car I replaced the tank, pump and Eoyls fluid. I used a TOPDON ArtiDiag800BT 
(13-04-2024, 06:04 PM)Pat888 Wrote:  I wrote a long reply but the server crashed and lost it :-( anyway I've told the car I replaced the tank, pump and Eoyls fluid. I used a TOPDON ArtiDiag800BT 

Thanks for this, I'll have a look cheers

Did the refill yesterday, getting the tank off was complete pain in the arse with snapped bolts etc..
Anyway, filled and back on now so ready to reset.
(13-04-2024, 06:04 PM)Pat888 Wrote:  I wrote a long reply but the server crashed and lost it :-( anyway I've told the car I replaced the tank, pump and Eoyls fluid. I used a TOPDON ArtiDiag800BT 

Pat888 Is this the one you used ? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133773717133?...media=COPY
(14-04-2024, 07:53 AM)SteveE Wrote:  

Thanks for this, I'll have a look cheers

Did the refill yesterday, getting the tank off was complete pain in the arse with snapped bolts etc..
Anyway, filled and back on now so ready to reset.

Too late for you, Steve (unless you do the job again), but for others doing this, it is possible to re-fill without removing the tank.

I did it on a 2013 Berlingo by removing the rear wheel to get access to the flexi pipe’s squeeze clip connector where it attaches to the top of the tank. Once that is off, connect it to the matching kit end fitting and tube and keep the bottle higher than the tank to fill.
See attached image.

Locating and undoing the clip is mostly by feel, but to visualise what you are aiming to do, see this video from about 4:08.

https://youtu.be/99TK5UmuNUo?feature=shared&t=248

I had originally looked at tank removal but didn’t fancy the possibility of sheared bolts etc., so this way worked well for me and was a fairly quick, easy procedure. 

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Teep for this post:
  • geoff, Pat888, SteveE
(14-04-2024, 08:08 AM)SteveE Wrote:  

Pat888 Is this the one you used ? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133773717133?...media=COPY

Yes it is and it's the same company. It had a discount code for I think £40. This time it has a "make offer" option so you might get it cheaper. Just noticed there is a 15% off code on the listing.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Pat888 for this post:
  • SteveE