Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disable start stop in 2022 berlingo
Berlingo in question is 2022, 1.2 petrol puretech 130 bhp.

Start/Stop is automatically initiated when the vehicle is first-turned on. To disable it, I have to go in to the setting on the screen and select to turn it off on the touch screen.

Question... how do I set its default setting to off. Such that when I start the car it is already off (and only would be activated if I selected it). i.e., the other way around to how it is currently setup.

Why do I want to do this. Its twofold:
1) On safety grounds. Sometimes the stop has occurred, and maybe someone has flashed me to leave a junction, but the response time is quite poor, and it can lead to apparent indecisiveness, which as we all know - in practice - can lead to problems on the road.

2) On longevity grounds. With the pure tech engine (or as its known in the trade, pure cr...p), and it oil consumption and the wearing of the wet belt, a lot of the problems are accentuated during start up. Thus, disabling start/stop is a very reasonable and sensible step to try to preserve the life of a pure cr..p engine. 

But forget about the why. 

Is it possible? And if so, how?

Many thanks in advance!
(20-06-2024, 02:48 PM)strokebow Wrote:  Berlingo in question is 2022, 1.2 petrol puretech 130 bhp.

Start/Stop is automatically initiated when the vehicle is first-turned on. To disable it, I have to go in to the setting on the screen and select to turn it off on the touch screen.

Question... how do I set its default setting to off. Such that when I start the car it is already off (and only would be activated if I selected it). i.e., the other way around to how it is currently setup.

Why do I want to do this. Its twofold:
1) On safety grounds. Sometimes the stop has occurred, and maybe someone has flashed me to leave a junction, but the response time is quite poor, and it can lead to apparent indecisiveness, which as we all know - in practice - can lead to problems on the road.

2) On longevity grounds. With the pure tech engine (or as its known in the trade, pure cr...p), and it oil consumption and the wearing of the wet belt, a lot of the problems are accentuated during start up. Thus, disabling start/stop is a very reasonable and sensible step to try to preserve the life of a pure cr..p engine. 

But forget about the why. 

Is it possible? And if so, how?

Many thanks in advance!

No easy way of switching off stop/start [apart from through the menu every time]

See this thread: https://www.berlingoforum.com/thread-20240.html

Current:
Not a Citroen  Cry

Previous:
2008 B9 1.6Hdi Multispace XTR
2007 M59 1.6Hdi Multspace Desire
2002 Xsara Picasso 2.0Hdi
1996 ZX 1.9TD Estate