Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berlingo Repairs
I live near in Alton in Hampshire and have an 18 plate Mk2 Berlingo Enterprise. I'm fed up with all knocking, rattles and clonks that come from the front end. I don't know if it's suspension, steering, front wheel drive system. It's been into numerous garages including LMC Citroen in Farnham and nobody can identify the problems. LMC recommended that it was play in the steering arms and wanted a fortune to replace. I took it to my local garage who did agree there was play in the arms and they could do with replacing but he wasn't convinced that it was the problem. I got him to change the arms (much cheaper than LMC). I now thought get and intermittent groaning from the power steering when manouvering at low speed. Now I have had the ESP/ASP Faulty warning light come on intermittently. I'd just like to get all this sorted so that I can get back to enjoying my otherwise very good van. Any recommendations for a good Berlingo mechanic would be great. Thank you.
Firstly welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you're having problems. As a guide you will probably get more answers if you post in the relevant section for faults on your model, which I think is a B9 as you've described it as a Mk.2. These are known for having noisy front suspension that makes a clonking noise.
Common causes, are drop links, my Berlingo Multispace got through about 4 sets during my ownership. Luckily they are cheap to buy and easy to replace even with minimal tools. 
Also known to cause problems are the front suspension top mounts these can wear and cause clonking and also noises when turning. 
Finally and not as common but it was the cause of the clonking in my case when I first had the vehicle the actual front shock absorber piston was worn and the lateral movement of the piston rod was causing the clonking sound. The wear wasn't really evident until I removed the shock from the coil spring and even then it didn't seem excessive but it was the cause of the 'clonk' in my case.

Current:
Not a Citroen  Cry

Previous:
2008 B9 1.6Hdi Multispace XTR
2007 M59 1.6Hdi Multspace Desire
2002 Xsara Picasso 2.0Hdi
1996 ZX 1.9TD Estate
I had noticeable clonk on my B9 but luckily I was able to fix it by repairing a broken arch liner.
And replacing all the fasteners that the MAIN DEALER had left out of the liners and undertray.
It is on my to do list.
But not right at the top

2012 Hdi75 van
I get the odd period when I have clonks on the steering, or general driving. And other times, where it's absolutely smooth. I wonder in this is like Evdama, as I know both my arch linings have broken, I suspect to do with the condition of the roads around here!