Thread Rating:
  • 24 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Is it a bird, is it a plane. Is it a Berlingo or a Volvo?
Just read this on the Halfords website:-

"New European law states that all new cars from February 2011 must be fitted with Daytime Running Lights."

So now how do we distinguish if it is a Berlingo or a Volvo approachingBig GrinSadBig GrinBig GrinSad
Berlingo Multispace 2.0HDI '54 reg Mediterranean Blue
My friend has just bought a new Siroco (however its spelt Tongue) and he mentioned something about the dealer telling him all new cars need to have daytime running lights, but i thought this was from 2012 onwards!

I wonder why now they want to enforce this, especially with plans i read today to 'double summertime' us.
Want Help with the Forum? Read Help Documents Here

a berlingo is probably driven relatively fast without a line of frustrated drivers behind, where as a volvo....need I say more....apart from the police flying machines....... my dad was once a volvo driver.....never went with him in it. On saying that up here in N.Wales there are a few new berlingos being driven around by old old old farts, with grey hair and tatty old pension books. Perhaps they should have bought volvos......

not sure where all that came from...oh yes is it a berlingo or is it a volvo.....sorry chaps.
mines a 07 and the lights come on when you turn the ignition

the only way to turn it off is to turn it to parking lights and that doesnt fully turn them off
I've hedged my bets to qualify as an old fart; got a Berlingo and a Volvo Tongue
2005 Berlingo Multispace 1.6i Desire (Iron Grey)

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

wow Chris youve done it big time.
Not even my first Volvo either Blush I had an 850 estate at the ripe old age of 34. Very comfortable (first old fart priority) but otherwise a mechanical nightmare. In two years it had auto box re-build, radiator, ABS module, and a head gasket. It was scrapped after a total ECU/electrics meltdown.

It was nothing like this:

[Image: VolvoTouringCar1_Medium.jpg]

But maybe I could lose the old fartness with a bit of this?? Smile

[Image: peugeot-partner-960_400.jpg]
[Image: peugeot-partner-961_400.jpg]

(22-02-2011, 08:51 AM)Chris Wrote:  I've hedged my bets to qualify as an old fart; got a Berlingo and a Volvo Tongue

What's a sad old fart like you doing as a moderator? Is it a misspelling of terminator?
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
is that your berlingo, looks really good, nice wheels. why have a volvo with one of them......trouble is my daughter WOULD still say its an old mans car....as she does with mine.
Pete
2010 artic silver VTR with EXTRAS.......Confusedunny:
(17-05-2011, 06:47 AM)pch Wrote:  is that your berlingo, looks really good, nice wheels. why have a volvo with one of them......trouble is my daughter WOULD still say its an old mans car....as she does with mine.
Pete

No, mine is bog-standard. I am not sure about modifying a Berlingo to that extent unless one has a great sense of irony (and humour). Then again, I'm generally not a fan of modified cars anyway, but I agree that those wheels look very smart.

Luckily, my kids are still young enough to think that the Berlingo is "cool" but I am sure that will wear off before long. [Image: rolleye0013.gif]

(16-05-2011, 10:35 PM)ron Wrote:  
(22-02-2011, 08:51 AM)Chris Wrote:  I've hedged my bets to qualify as an old fart; got a Berlingo and a Volvo Tongue

What's a sad old fart like you doing as a moderator? Is it a misspelling of terminator?

Don't worry, I am not allowed near anything technical. I just potter about in the sales and wanted ads [Image: oldman7ni.gif]