Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
HELP accelerator dropped and not working
Sad 
Hi I had a problem with fuel efficiency again so decided to have a look at the egr and inlet manifold, any way they were sh*t up again so gave them a clean and put them back on, started the engine and the accelerator pedal droped to the floor and wont work but the engine ticks over????? HELP PLEASE!!!! Cant use my car Confusedcratch: Thanks in advance
If in doubt smash it to bits :woop:

:thumbsup: 2006 1.9D Multispace Forte

Don't matter I've been a complete :censored: only went and knocked off the inner cable retaining clip when I put the EGR back on, what an absolute numpty :S

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to jimmyads for this post:
  • ians_lingo, royboy302
We like an easy fix :thumbsup:
2004 1.9D Multispace/Budget crew cab work van!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to chronyx for this post:
  • RolyG
I was :censored: myself, came in the house and calmed down, went back out and the clip was on the floor just under the sump. Damn lucky to find it, my neighbour was having a good laugh on my behalf! Glad I could cheer him up.

Chronyx I put the self tappers in the 2 vacuum tubes at the bottom of the EGR for some reason when I press the accelerator the valve seems to still be working, any ideas?

No idea - I took a hammer and a pair of pliers to my EGR valve and ripped the flap out, then stuffed a cylinder of aluminium up the supply from the exhaust and sealed that off with silicone. It doesn't get hot - after all it's feeding into the plastic EGR valve and manifold assembly.

Had to patch up the side of the EGR valve up with silicone but I wasn't being gentle! All the vacuum pipes are still in place.

Two for one - no EGR, and no 'throttling' of a diesel engine which by definition prefer to run as lean as possible.

http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/showthrea...5#pid58985
2004 1.9D Multispace/Budget crew cab work van!
I think I have exactly the same problem, though it's not on the floor under the sump!
I changed fuel filter, the primer button wouldn't clear the air, so I bled through the injector pipes. Put it all back together and the pedal has dropped!!! I remember seeing something like a hair pin near the the throttle cable but it has now vanished! Can I get another one or use something else?
(10-05-2014, 08:20 AM)sjmtalktalknet Wrote:  I think I have exactly the same problem, though it's not on the floor under the sump!
I changed fuel filter, the primer button wouldn't clear the air, so I bled through the injector pipes. Put it all back together and the pedal has dropped!!! I remember seeing something like a hair pin near the the throttle cable but it has now vanished! Can I get another one or use something else?

It is like a hair pin i think you could make one out of a bite of stiff wire and pliers.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to RolyG for this post:
  • sjmtalktalknet