Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 2.85 Average
Intermittant beeping sound
Hello All :wave:
Berlingo 03
im getting an intermittant beeping noise from somewhere in the dash. Sometimes its 1 beep sometimes 2 and sometimes 3 beeps. When this beeping occurs i have also noticed it knocks out the indicators for a few seconds whilst beeping?? its now driving me insane as you can only turn the volume up so much to ignore it on the cd player when you have a Take That CD in :whistle:
Anyone had anything like this- i have searched the forum for relevant threads but nothing jumps out at me
Appriciate any info thanks

I take it you do not get any clues on the multi display as to the problem ? I would check the brake fluid level and maybe look at the handbrake switch maybe a door switch? just guessing really
(10-07-2011, 01:24 PM)jimbo Wrote:  I take it you do not get any clues on the multi display as to the problem ? I would check the brake fluid level and maybe look at the handbrake switch maybe a door switch? just guessing really

cheers as it happens the airbag light has now lit up ? and a spanner has appeared next to the millage. I did think it was down to the brake fluid but that is spot on
Anyone have any further thoughts on what it could be ??

thanks in advance
It will beep if the airbag light stays lit - it should go off within a few seconds of engine start normally. Always cured on ours by fiddling with the wires/plugs under the driver seat - tends to occur after the seat position's been adjusted.

Low fuel also makes it beep IIRC.
(14-07-2011, 05:03 AM)malbro Wrote:  
(10-07-2011, 01:24 PM)jimbo Wrote:  I take it you do not get any clues on the multi display as to the problem ? I would check the brake fluid level and maybe look at the handbrake switch maybe a door switch? just guessing really

cheers as it happens the airbag light has now lit up ? and a spanner has appeared next to the millage. I did think it was down to the brake fluid but that is spot on

thanks in advance

I have had both the "air bag failure" and the "spanner". As mentioned above, the air bag warning is usually cured with a fiddle of the wires under the seat as they easily come loose. The "spanner" means that a service is due soon. It should be accompanied by a figure of "miles to go". This can easily be reset yourself (details can be found in the handbook or searching the forum).
2005 Berlingo Multispace 1.6i Desire (Iron Grey)

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

(14-07-2011, 08:24 AM)Chris Wrote:  
(14-07-2011, 05:03 AM)malbro Wrote:  

thanks in advance

I have had both the "air bag failure" and the "spanner". As mentioned above, the air bag warning is usually cured with a fiddle of the wires under the seat as they easily come loose. The "spanner" means that a service is due soon. It should be accompanied by a figure of "miles to go". This can easily be reset yourself (details can be found in the handbook or searching the forum).

Thanks I have now fiddled with the wires under the drivers seat (as read on here) and the airbag light is now out. It is still continuing to beep but thanks to your post i will investigate re setting the (service option) strange thing is when it beeps it also cuts out the indicators for some reason (anyone had this before) ?