Berlingo Forum
Felt Window channel? - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Specific Model Chat, Problems and Faults (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: B9 Second Generation (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Felt Window channel? (/thread-19258.html)

Pages: 1 2

Felt Window channel? - Sol - 07-03-2020

Anyone know if you can get a replacement felt lined window channel insert for the front vertical runner of the driver's door? The felt has worn away on the outer side and the window squeals like a pig when it's dry.

RE: Felt Window channel? - polar - 07-03-2020

You should be able to get it from a dealer

RE: Felt Window channel? - Sol - 07-03-2020

Cheers Polar, I guess after looking closely it's the full seal I'll have to change but may not be too hard to swap? Never tried to pull a channel seal out before. I'll check on servicebox.

RE: Felt Window channel? - Trevor - 08-03-2020

As a temporary measure have you tried rubbing a bit of candle wax where it binds

RE: Felt Window channel? - Sol - 08-03-2020

I haven't mate, that's a good idea. I've used silicon spray but it dries out over time. I forgot about candle wax being used for brass screws by chippies, well worth a try. Cheers.

I priced a new one, £145 so a bit dear. Not that I can't afford it but it sticks in the craw replacing something that works but just squeaks. I'll try paring down a candle till it fits in the channel and try rubbing a coating down it.

On a slightly different tack, does anyone else who became a donator notice they suddenly couldn't click thread links in an existing post, or view profiles? Apollo has been trying to fix my profile but now I get adverts all over the place again, can view profiles but not click embedded thread links.

RE: Felt Window channel? - Mike - 08-03-2020

(08-03-2020, 05:50 PM)Zion Wrote:  I haven't mate, that's a good idea. I've used silicon spray but it dries out over time. I forgot about candle wax being used for brass screws by chippies, well worth a try. Cheers.

I priced a new one, £145 so a bit dear. Not that I can't afford it but it sticks in the craw replacing something that works but just squeaks. I'll try paring down a candle till it fits in the channel and try rubbing a coating down it.

On a slightly different tack, does anyone else who became a donator notice they suddenly couldn't click thread links in an existing post, or view profiles? Apollo has been trying to fix my profile but now I get adverts all over the place again, can view profiles but not click embedded thread links.

Not heard anyone else mention that before, but I'd have thought you would all have the same issue with links etc.  Is it all links or certain ones?

RE: Felt Window channel? - Sol - 09-03-2020

It's any thread that is linked in an existing thread, like when someone says see my original thread here: link etc - it says you are banned or not authorized to view this page. Also I couldn't view anyone's profile. Now Jacob has kind of fixed it but adverts have returned with a vengeance and still can't view thread links. Can view profiles though.

RE: Felt Window channel? - Tomcat3 - 09-03-2020

It happens to me, when im logged in and there is a picture attached if I click on the picture it then says im not authorised to view image and have to login. Very odd.

RE: Felt Window channel? - Trevor - 09-03-2020

If I log in I cannot see other users details by clicking on their name. If however I do not log in I see it all with no problems
Also if I report a spam post by clicking the Report button my system just freezes up.

RE: Felt Window channel? - Sol - 10-03-2020

Yeah I used to be able to report spam posts but now I get an error when I try. This must be a wider problem than I thought. I did think it was just me.