Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Windscreen washers and radio BSI problem?
I've seen similar reset procedures before - all seem to assume a remote key (this vehicle does not have central locking). Is there a standard procedure for vehicles without central locking? Some seem to say reconnect the battery with headlights on, but that would result in a surge as you reconnected - not a good idea surely? My own suspicion is that many of these problems are caused by damp and'or corroded wires or earth connections.

Where are the earth wires? The Haynes book refers to the BSI being earthed at E2 and E3 - E2 being 'left hand wing' and E3 being RH lower A pillar. This is on page 12.27 of the Haynes manual number 4281 (berlingo, and partner P reg to 60 reg). Anyone know where these wires are exactly?
The advice above refers to this site:

http://www.petercoopercarrepairs.co.uk/p...cedure.htm

and is to be followed when programming keys, or after doing so! This is not the issue here.

There is a complete manual for the Xsara Picasso on the web here - does anyone have a downloaded copy to share??

you can read this one online but not download for free.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/69570809/Citr...BSI-Manual

without really understanding the complexities of these systems there is little hope of anyone (citroen included) being able to sort out problem cars.

Is there a standard BSI reset procedure for cars that don't have central locking or key blipper buttons?

The Haynes diagrams don't show the engine ECU for ;later models and don't show any canbus wiring - realy helpful!!

I suspect the reality is that if a Citroen or Peugeot car has weired electrical problems, no-one may ever be able to fix it. I've heard of this before - 4 failed attempts by a main dealer so the owner just trades in the car and someone else gets the unsolveable problems.

Really gives you confidence in Citroen when their own dealers can't sort things out.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Windscreen washers and radio BSI problem? - by SeeRed - 23-10-2014, 11:15 AM