Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Washer bottle leak
I've got a leaky washer bottle! If I fill it up to the line, the top ten inches or so in the 'neck' of the bottle drain out onto the pavement after about 10 minutes.

Not fatal since the main bottle holds water just fine. Just wondering if anyone else has been this issue?

I think it's the join between the funnel and the bottle itself.

Looked at Haynes, and it seems like a bit of a pain to fix, the wheel has to come off!
I would keep an eye on the bottle to see exactly where it leaks, give that area a thorough clean & scrub, and then try sealing it with something like hot melt glue sticks or a two-part flexible underwater adhesive.

It may even be possible to remelt the bottle's plastic with a soldering iron or similar to weld the split shut.

My doc says a good reaming with a pipe cleaner would sort my leaky washer bottle out, but it sounds a bit painful to me!
53 1.4i MS MPV RIP
53 1.6 MS Desire RIP
08 C4GP 1.9 VTR+
The washer pump is connected at the bottom of the washer liquid tank with rubber o-rings and it is a simple push-fit kind of thing. Make sure that the pump has not wiggled itself out or somehting. It should not, but you never know.

As Rasputin said, trace the leak and then it will be easier to remedy it.
smile, you are alive! Peugeot Partner Escapade (same as M59, but with offroady-ish look) 2007, 1.6HDi 92
https://www.youtube.com/c/moremolecules
If you have an M59 model the neck is separate to the tank and in the join is a rubber o ring. The problem is you cannot fix t together off the car as it wont wiggle into position with the neck on. If you remove the screw holding the neck on and remove you will see the o ring and how it locates, check for wear in the tank neck and sharp edges. You could try another o ring its rather thick try a plumbers supplies for a replacement and try a bit of LSX silcone when you put it back together.
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
Mine does the same thing, when I got the van I thought the bottle was split but it's not, just leaks from the joint of the filler neck as above. I just fill it up carefully to the top of the bottle.
My van: 2008 Berlingo 1.6 HDi Enterprise - a bit ratty!
Yeah I did a bit of testing and it's the neck. For now I'll just leave it and not fill it too high.
That is the easiest option as there nearly a gallon in the tank below the join.
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
I fixed it with wrapping a bit of electricaltape arround the neck. Makes a more tight fit and solved the problem
2007 Peugeot Partner Zenith RIP Sad
2010 Seat Ibiza ST 
"They all do that Sir"

Annoying the first time you pour £1 worth of antifreeze on the ground in winter. Not an issue once you know not to overfill it.
Heh yeah I was chatting to a Peugeot mechanic the other day and he said he sees it all the time