Thread Rating:
  • 37 Vote(s) - 2.81 Average
Door opens from the inside but not from outside
Video 

Citroen Berligo Multispace 2004

Has anyone changed a back door handle..We can open it from the inside but

it seems that the outside one is not working...It is loose.

Is it easy to change?

Any help appreciated...
I've not done it on a Berlingo, but done similar on a BX. If the handle isn't doing anything it could just mean that the wire that it pulls to open the door has become disconnected, it could just be a matter of reconnecting it.

I had one door on my BX that would not central lock and it was this causing it.
Now an ex Berlingo owner, I have a C4
2010 (B9) Berlingo Multispace XTR HDi 112 - Kyanos Blue
Previously - 2002 (M49) Berlingo Multispace 2.0 HDi Diesel - Arctic Steel
(05-02-2011, 12:34 PM)Franck67 Wrote:  Citroen Berligo Multispace 2004

Any help appreciated...

How can we help you if we don't know type of back door?
Lifted or hinged? Confused
Smile 
Hi,

It's hinged handle...

thanks.
Hi
Call me daft if I haven't read this correctly but I assume when you say back door you mean rear sliding doors?
If it is a rear sliding door I would put my money on the metal pin that runs through the handle connecting to the linkage has snapped. It's a relatively common issue and easy to fix, but you will need the correct part. A bodge is not really an option.
Contact me if this sounds like your fault and I'll run through it with you.
1.9d Mk2 (M59/BE4/5) with battle scars from a conservatory attack. Previously owned a 1.4i Mk2 Forte.Confusedalut:
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to divingscubaboy for this post:
  • BadgerOfTruth, Franck67
Hi Divingscubaboy,

Yes I meant the rear door, thanks for your reply... When I try to fix I will probably get in touch with you for some advice, thanks.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Franck67 for this post:
  • BadgerOfTruth
Forgot to say does the door handle flap around wildly i.e. With no resistance? You will probably find you'll need to get the part from a breakers around £35 as my local stealer wanted around £180! You can't buy the offending item separately.
1.9d Mk2 (M59/BE4/5) with battle scars from a conservatory attack. Previously owned a 1.4i Mk2 Forte.Confusedalut:
(25-02-2011, 09:10 AM)divingscubaboy Wrote:  Forgot to say does the door handle flap around wildly i.e. With no resistance? You will probably find you'll need to get the part from a breakers around £35 as my local stealer wanted around £180! You can't buy the offending item separately.
This has just happened to me for the THIRD time. The first two happened before the van was a year old and I got it fixed under warranty. This time I want to do it myself. The outside handle itself is held in place by a cast metal pin about 3 inches long, with flanges that ensure a cam turns when the handle is pulled and the cam links to the door release. The pin simply shears in two, disconnecting the handle from the cam, and the handle flops about uselessly. The part you need is that pin. Original Citroen / Peugeot part number 7892AP01-2. However my local dealer failed to recognise that part number, and said he can only get me the whole outside unit (mounting, handle, pin, cam & spring) at a cost of £60, which would then have to be painted - another £50+. I am trying a German website that looks like they might supply the pin alone. Otherwise I'll just have to get the whole assembly, or find one at a breaker's yard.

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to andyryyy for this post:
  • Andre, eyelight
Hi,

Got same problem, did you find the metal replacement pin?
I have found one on eBay, however its Poland and am warry of using paypal to purchase it.

Cheers,

Bod

Ive just ordered a pin from Poland, well 2 actually. Thought I'd get a spare. I'll let you know how succesful it is. For those who haven't changed one yet i'll try and put a how to on here.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to divingscubaboy for this post:
  • eyelight