Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Bull bars
Every guest on the Jeremy Kyle show gets a free set of Bull Bars.
They just love them.
i would also check with your insurance, when i was getting a quote on a hilux a couple of years ago they said if it had aftermarket bar they wouldnt cover me
(29-05-2013, 01:32 PM)addo Wrote:  Interesting; any history of successful prosecutions?

I guess in reality prosecution would only occur if someone was killed as a result of being hit by a vehicle fitted with a non compliant bullbar.
(29-05-2013, 05:55 PM)stuartinlancashire Wrote:  
(29-05-2013, 01:32 PM)addo Wrote:  Interesting; any history of successful prosecutions?

I guess in reality prosecution would only occur if someone was killed as a result of being hit by a vehicle fitted with a non compliant bullbar.

The Police issue vehicle defect rectification notices for stupid dangerous bull bars, fail to comply and a prosecution will follow.

A compensation claim could also be instigated by a third party for ANY injury however slight due to stupid bull bars, insurance company would pay this however even after declaring the insurance null and void.
(29-05-2013, 10:15 PM)MudFT Wrote:  
(29-05-2013, 05:55 PM)stuartinlancashire Wrote:  

The Police issue vehicle defect rectification notices for stupid dangerous bull bars, fail to comply and a prosecution will follow.

A compensation claim could also be instigated by a third party for ANY injury however slight due to stupid bull bars, insurance company would pay this however even after declaring the insurance null and void.

I'm not a fan of them due to the damage they cause to a pedestrian and was under the assumption they where totally banned after a certain year TBH, but it seems thats not the case.

I saw one on a Land Rover Discovery yesterday that was encased in plastic and kind of moulded in with the bumper, I guess thats the type that meets the EU regs.
It gives a better class of dead person (less torn up), and washes clean. The party trick here is for people with large 4WDs to reverse over their own kids; it's remarkably frequent and doesn't require a bull bar.
Perhaps a bit OT, but often when I return to our car in a car park I find that a brace of the above oversize 4WD's (or sometimes a couple of big white vans) has parked either side of me, making it impossible to see if it's clear to pull out of the space - reversing out is even worse. There's a bit of scope for squashing brats/grannies/dogs unless you're very careful. Plus, of course, the bloody things are so wide you have to climb in through the tailgate 'cos there's no room to open the door!
'56 Multispace 1.6HDi - Iron Grey