Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do dealers actually want to sell cars?
When I bought mine at the beginning of the year I was looking for a good used one max 2.5 year old and trolled all of the local dealers I could think of. Some had the enthusiasm I expected for a car dealer but a lot did not.

Quite a few said ''all our stock is online so theres no need to walk about the lot'' but I proved on a couple of occasions that was a lie. ''Oh Its just come in!'' Yeah, Thats the type of thing I'm looking for dumbass.

A local Peugeot dealer was by far the worst. Bloke was leaning back in his chair with his feet on the desk and made no effort to engage me on walking in and it was only when I went up to him did he do a half arsed attempt to talk partners.
After basically saying there was no used currently available I tried to talk about new but he want interested.

With only well battered ex mobility ones available I started looking nationally and ended up in derby which is 3.5 hours away form me. It was another Peugeot dealer who was having a clear out event on non Peugeot used and I got a good deal on a Berlingo which had yet to have its first birthday. The Berlingo was bought blind as I had put a £500 deposit on without even seeing it due to the fact I wouldn't be able to travel down for 4 days.
When I got there the guy dealing with me was off on sick so it was just a quick contract sign with a jr salesman and that was that.

On another note, Peugeot 'Free' insurance and Peugeot Insurance group are a waste of space. Apparently S/E Delivery Driver makes you uninsurable according to them. Wouldn't even cover me to drive 3.5 hours home despite no intent to use the vehicle for work until I the Business Policy on my old vehicle expired so I could renew on the new vehicle. Computer says no!
16 Plate Berlingo Multispace XTR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do dealers actually want to sell cars? - by Hughzie - 10-09-2015, 09:59 PM