Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.71 Average
Key Pad Green and Red lamps on together
[quote='doctormartin' pid='35719' dateline='1359659990']

Problem now solved. I have no clear Idea how I was able to effect a repair but it is now working exactly as it should. To sumarise, the van had stood for 6 months, the battery went completely flat, fitted new battery but the key code pad no longer worked the red and green stayed on all the time.
Disconnected the battery reconnected and tried again still no good. Concluded the computer was now faulty and ran a wire from the battery to the square 4 wire plug on the fuel pump top rear connection and the engine started but would not turn off on the key as expected. Once started I disconnected the key pad wiring block from the back of the key pad, turned off the engine by removing the wire from the battery I had fitted but it still did not start with the key. Reconnected the key pad wiring. Reconnected my new wire to the battery and it started again. I disconnected the battery and fitted a permanent wire with a switch in the cockpit so I could turn the fuel pump solenoid stop valve on and off. When the mod was completed the engine would not start. So back to square one. I did some more reading on the forum and realised I had not followed the correct procedure for removing and re-fitting the battery so I went through the correct procedure which I understood resets the computer and tried again with and without my new switched power wire but this seemed to have no effect. Read last night in the handbook that under the hood on the bulkhead by the battery there was a fuel safety cut off switch. This morning I pushed the reset button and heard a click, I turned on my power switch to the solenoid turned on the ignition and I had 1 red light on the key pad, put in my code and now i had 1 green light turned the key and away it went. I turned off my power switch and the engine stayed running, turned off the ignition key and the engine stopped. I left my power switch off and now it accepts the key code and starts as it should.

The conclusion I have come to is that I created the initial problem by not disconnecting and reconnecting the battery with the correct procedure and had I have done so I would not have found any problems. There is an outside chance that powering up the solenoid had an initialising affect somehow so this cannot be discounted altogether but is probably unlikely. So if any others experience similar problems withe imobiliser/key pad then carry out the battery disconnect/reconnect procedure first and make sure the safety cutout switch has not been activated.
:woop:

Hi

I am having problems entering my key code Berlingo Mk1 1.9d. The van has been off the road for 6 months and the battery wnet flat. Fitted new battery and starter motor. When I turn on the ignition both the red and green key pad lights come on together and wont accept any code. I have been through the manual and done the resetting procedure for when a code is entered incorrectly 3 times but still the same. tried disconnecting the battery and reconnecting but nothing has worked. I have wired the fuel pump direct to the battery and the engine will then start. I have removed and cleaned the large round wiring plug under the battery and cleaned the ignition switch.

I phoned the citreon dealer and he said it could not be fixed.

Has anyone got a solution or should i just wire up the fuel pump directly to the battery with a fuse and switch inside the car so I can turn the engine on and off.

Any ideas would be appreciated.Confusedtudy:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Key Pad Green and Red lamps on together - by doctormartin - 06-02-2013, 05:48 PM