Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
temp gauge
temprature gauge not working
Hi there welcome to the forum, it would help if you could give more information like make, model ,year and engine in your vehicle.
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Tomcat3 for this post:
  • polar
Is there any coolant in the engine ?
So where does this bit go then ?
(04-03-2020, 09:16 PM)dave g Wrote:  temprature gauge not working

Hi and welcome to the forum 

Cant answer your questions because i havent a clue what type of berlingo you have.

Try saying hi and introducing yourself you may find people will want to help you if you are polite.
hi thanks for that,
hello my name is dave i have been on this form for about six years and find it very useful

my belingo is a 600 hdi 07 van,
temp gauge not working stop light comes on the dash when you turn on ignition but goes out when you start engine, could it be the ecu
(05-03-2020, 10:22 AM)dave g Wrote:  hi thanks for that,
hello my name is dave i have been on this form for about six years and find it very useful

temp gauge not working stop light comes on the dash when you turn on ignition but goes out when you start engine, could it be the ecu

Hi dave i suspect your van is the 2.0hdi? If it is the temperature senders are known to play up - its located in the thermostat housing. 

I doubt it is the ecu, and if it was the BSI you would get other faults too - you could try a BSI reset. Just google the procedure it will take about 10 minutes.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to polar for this post:
  • dave g
(05-03-2020, 10:04 PM)polar Wrote:  

Hi dave i suspect your van is the 2.0hdi? If it is the temperature senders are known to play up - its located in the thermostat housing. 

I doubt it is the ecu, and if it was the BSI you would get other faults too - you could try a BSI reset. Just google the procedure it will take about 10 minutes.

hi polar thanks for the reply, registration doc says it is a 600 hdi enter 92 whatever that means, but the cylinder capacity is  1560 cc but i will have a look at resetting bsi.
(05-03-2020, 10:24 PM)dave g Wrote:  
(05-03-2020, 10:04 PM)polar Wrote:  

hi polar thanks for the reply, registration doc says it is a 600 hdi enter 92 whatever that means, but the cylinder capacity is  1560 cc but i will have a look at resetting bsi.

Okay early 1.6hdi - there are two senders in the same location - thermostat housing, you could try checking the connections for corrosion and short each plug to ground, if the gauge goes up then its the sender. Basically a temperature gauge is just showing a voltage and the sender has a semiconductor material inside that passes more voltage as it heats up - if you know what i mean.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to polar for this post:
  • dave g
thanks polar,  if i reset bsi like you said to try will i lose radio code
No the radio code is stored in the ecu you should be fine.
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace