Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.7 Average
Clock display
Hello all. Ive read the thread on how to change the bulbs on the digital dash display but on mine the numbers and letters have bits missing, like on the number three theres only the verticle bits lit if you no what i mean, would changing the bulbs solve this or is the unit broke.
Thanks
sean
That sounds like a faulty display to me, I doubt that the bulbs would make any difference. Mind you replacing them might 'jiggle' a contact back into working?
This happend to mine after I was fault finding.
Cleared it by doing a Bsi reset, might of been a coincidence but it worked!

http://www.bba-reman.com/content.aspx?co...ot_process

Confusedalut:
2006 2.0hdi 600 with bench seat.  Cool
thanks for the replys, its going into garge soon to have the bsi thingy feset due to the horn only working when the ijnitions off, i`ll wait and see if the display works after that, otherwise i`ll put a second hand unit in.
thanks.
Hi i am having the same problem with my multispace 1.6 hdi 2008 i have trolled the internet and breakers for a second hand one and dispite the breakers say they are citreon experts no one seems to be able to find the right part the best i can find was a display out of a 2002 pergeout 307 which give me all the radio, time and stalk control it will not give me any computer stalk functions would a later model 307 give me that option Any help on this problem would be a great help

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-02-2012, 09:25 PM)willow Wrote:  thanks for the replies, its going into garage soon to have the bsi thingy reset due to the horn only working when the ignitions off, i`ll wait and see if the display works after that, otherwise i`ll put a second hand unit in.
thanks.

Horn only working when the ignition off is nothing to do with the BSI, it's a well known fault on Citroens [and Peugeots] It's all to do with a poor earth on the steering column behind the air bag. A really poor design of a push in type spade connector that gets corroded/oxidised.

Search the forums, there are various solutions to this [some of which require removing the air bag] others which do not [like running a separate earth from the actual horn under the front wing to earth, or even just strapping an extra earth wire on the bottom of the steering coloumn. 

The clock display [what type is it, single or double line?] might only need a connector clean...
It looks like that is a fault with the display. If you carefully disassemble the front glass you will find a flexible strip. (usually white with a black middle) This is the connection from the electronics to the Lcd  glass.
Try cleaning the contacts on the strip, the circuit board and the glass using a clean lint free cloth or paper towel using it dry and no solvent. reassemble making sure the strip is correctly positioned as this relies on pressure between the glass and the circuit board to make contact.
let us know how you get on.  Cool
2006 2.0hdi 600 with bench seat.  Cool
(07-02-2012, 07:34 PM)willow Wrote:  Hello all. I've read the thread on how to change the bulbs on the digital dash display but on mine the numbers and letters have bits missing, like on the number three there's only the vertical bits lit if you no what i mean, would changing the bulbs solve this or is the unit broke.
Thanks
sean

I get the same thing when it's cold and damp but when the car warms up and dries out it comes back to normal. I just ignore it now and if I need to know the date or time I look at my phone  Tongue
So where does this bit go then ?
(23-01-2016, 10:12 AM)ffrenchie Wrote:  
(07-02-2012, 07:34 PM)willow Wrote:  Hello all. I've read the thread on how to change the bulbs on the digital dash display but on mine the numbers and letters have bits missing, like on the number three there's only the vertical bits lit if you no what i mean, would changing the bulbs solve this or is the unit broke.
Thanks
sean

I get the same thing when it's cold and damp but when the car warms up and dries out it comes back to normal. I just ignore it now and if I need to know the date or time I look at my phone  Tongue

that sort of comment does not help this guys problem
(23-01-2016, 07:01 PM)gazahull Wrote:  that sort of comment does not help this guys problem

Having a bad day gaza, lighten up man. If you read his first post it is exactly the same symptom as his car and mine has always corrected itself when it warms up and dries out.

Your post adds nothing to the discussion.
So where does this bit go then ?