Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
FINALLY! I pick up my Berlingo tomorrow!
2005 2.0 HDI Multispace Desire with air con, 88,000 miles, one lady owner from new, service history in silver with mod box etc. Clean as anything and it even has the funny box trolly thing in the boot.

Plus the cam belt and pulley has been done recently!

Can't wait. It's odd driving them after having an A class for so long (which I will be sad to see go aside from the awful ride). The Berlingo has loads of space, I can fit the pram in the boot without removing the wheels, great mirrors for parking, they are nippy, spacious, great for a day out and for kids and I can fit two big bottomed family members in the back alongside the child seat.

I guess next I will be buying clothes because they are 'comfy'.

It has a Tudor Battery, should I be worried? I read somewhere that these weren't any good.

Can I plug an ipod into the stereo?

I will post pics once I've picked it up.
Hi Lee, congratulations, hope you enjoy your new Berli.

If it has a radio/cassette fitted you can buy a dummy cassette with a lead attached which plugs into your iPod Earphone socket (did this with my MK2)
Not state of the art technology but it worked.

Not sure about Tudor Batteries reliability, someone on here may do though.

woodshaper
Sole Member and President for LIFE!
Tudor batteries? Well Honest John warns against them even if they are the OEM fitted battery of Citroen's choice. I still have mine, it's under the bench in my garage! I fitted a much beefier Varta battery to my Desire. Apparently they are famous for spraying acid around under the bonnet when you're not looking!
Honest John's research is ultimately motor trade based and he has nothing to gain by saying that they can give trouble.
The Older I get the Better I Was!  Cool
Both my bingo's have had the original Tudor batteries and both dropped a cell without warning! i.e started first flick of the key, drove somewhere without fault and then got back in and nothing, not even a flicker. Luckily was parked at top of ikea on one occasion and bumped it down the helter skelter ramp.
1.9d Mk2 (M59/BE4/5) with battle scars from a conservatory attack. Previously owned a 1.4i Mk2 Forte.Confusedalut:
(18-03-2012, 10:59 PM)lee Wrote:  2005 2.0 HDI Multispace Desire with air con, 88,000 miles, one lady owner from new, service history in silver with mod box etc. Clean as anything and it even has the funny box trolly thing in the boot.

Plus the cam belt and pulley has been done recently!

Can't wait. It's odd driving them after having an A class for so long (which I will be sad to see go aside from the awful ride). The Berlingo has loads of space, I can fit the pram in the boot without removing the wheels, great mirrors for parking, they are nippy, spacious, great for a day out and for kids and I can fit two big bottomed family members in the back alongside the child seat.

I guess next I will be buying clothes because they are 'comfy'.

It has a Tudor Battery, should I be worried? I read somewhere that these weren't any good.

Can I plug an ipod into the stereo?

I will post pics once I've picked it up.

That’s great news Lee, hope that you have many miles of happy motoring with it. Did you finally manage to find one local to you?

--------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Iron Grey XTR 110 with lots of bits and bobs.
Tudor batteries are fitted as manufacturers original equipment and like any other battery can suddenly fail without warning.. The Tudor on mine was an original I think and was on when i bought it 18mths ago, so it lasted c. 8 years, before replacement a couple of mths ago as showing signs of imminent failure. Now got a Bosch fitted...
Berlingo Multispace 2.0HDI '54 reg Mediterranean Blue
(19-03-2012, 09:02 AM)Trevor Wrote:  That’s great news Lee, hope that you have many miles of happy motoring with it. Did you finally manage to find one local to you?
Ah, Trevor! Yes I did, although I gave up looking for a while as we were so busy. To all on this forum, I looked at Trevors Berlingo a while back (nice guy), it's in very good condition and low mileage (he was waiting to get his new Berlingo before selling his old one).

I will look at changing the Tudor Battery in that case.

I didn't pick it up today, it had to have new registration plates (the current ones have been transferred to the previous owner) so I'm waiting for the orignal plates to go back on it. I pick it up tomorrow (so the title of the thread is still valid!). Incredibly, the insurance is 50% more than my Mercedes A Class and yet it's 2 insurance groups lower! The AA wanted half it's value in insurance every year!
Got it! Great to drive, clutch is a bit stiff, gearchange a bit like a vans, but aside from that it's brilliant!!
(21-03-2012, 12:03 AM)lee Wrote:  Got it! Great to drive, clutch is a bit stiff, gearchange a bit like a vans, but aside from that it's brilliant!!

Great news Lee, dont forget to put a photo up.
--------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Iron Grey XTR 110 with lots of bits and bobs.
Enjoy !!
Former 2011 Mk3 XTR owner Confusedalut: