Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solarplexius?
Anyone used Solarplexius tints? Wondered if they're any better / worse than film.
I have them and I think they great. At least if do a tip run I don't have to worry about scratching the film as there a decent thickness that wouldn't show any marks. I've them quite a while now and its been my favourite addition. I was impatient and bought them at full price but they regularly have 15% discount's on. Hope this helps
2012 Berlingo multispace Plus 1.6 with boot jump  Smile
(29-01-2020, 08:44 AM)cancunia Wrote:  Anyone used Solarplexius tints? Wondered if they're any better / worse than film.

I debated between the Solarplexus sheets and Car Shades primarily because both were more flexible than film i.e. could be removewd easily if so desired and even moved to an alternative (although identical) vehicle if so desired. 

In the end I opted for the carshades and have never regretted it - and still believe that either option would be better than the film

https://www.carshades.co.uk/shades-citro..._4861.html
(22-05-2021, 02:26 PM)Surfchickkelly Wrote:  I have them and I think they great. At least if do a tip run I don't have to worry about scratching the film as there a decent thickness that wouldn't show any marks. I've them quite a while now and its been my favourite addition. I was impatient and bought them at full price but they regularly have 15% discount's on. Hope this helps

Very interesting indeed, never heard of them so just been on their website. 

After a few minutes browsing a 10% offer panel popped up.

Very tempted now.  Big Grin
Just had a look on their web site and could not get my head around the fitting for my electric opening rear door windows. Apparently, when I open the rear window the film stays in position and does not slide down with the window, SO I have not opened the window??????????

Geoff
I'd forgotten about this thread, I've had Solarplexius panels for over a year now on my Pug Expert & am quite happy with them. Only problems have been that the initial installation meant having to take some of the trim around the rear side windows off, so it was not a 5 min job & from time to time the smaller panels on the sliding windows need to be put back in place.
The suppliers were really helpful and the panels are of good quality. They turned out a lot cheaper than getting film installed.
One thing to watch out for is that they come from Sweden, so double check that there are no VAT issues after Brexit.