Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Horn problems
Hi Guys 

I've got a 2012 citreon berlingo enterprise and my horn has stopped working  Angry  It's been playing me up for the last year really just works when ever it wants to.. there are no light showing a airbag thault on the dashboard and every thing else works perfect, yesterday morning it was working perfect by the time I drove home it stopped working, like I said it's beeb doing this for the last year just works when ever it wants too. 

So my question is has enybidy else had this problem before and what they did to solve it ?? 

Many thanks 
Ian
Hello Gashead32 and welcome to the forum.
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP.  Persamos green.

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to 3rensho for this post:
  • Gashead32
Hi Ian welcome to the forum, there was a problem on the old M59 model but not heard of a common fault with the newer model. You need to do the basics first check fuse then power down to the horn and then the horn its self
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Tomcat3 for this post:
  • Gashead32
(17-03-2017, 07:33 AM)Tomcat3 Wrote:  Hi Ian welcome to the forum, there was a problem on the old M59 model but not heard of a common fault with the newer model. You need to do the basics first check fuse then power down to the horn and then the horn its self

Hi Tomcat3 

It's the newer model 2012  1.6 hdi 3 seater Van, 

I've checked every fuse in side the van (passenger side fuse box) and they are all fine, I've also checked in my citroen manual and there's a diagram of the fuses boxes, but once I opened the bonnet to check the engine fuse box and there ain't a fuse in the  place where it says in the manual so I took out every fuse and there all OK too..
(17-03-2017, 07:29 AM)3rensho Wrote:  Hello Gashead32 and welcome to the forum.

It's the same has this 1 guys

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I had that issue on M59 and got it sorted .... see my posting on the link below .. second post down

https://www.berlingoforum.com/Thread-MOT...light=horn

edit : Also read other postings as there are other suggestions and also a good bit of info from Brajomobil at the very end
2007 M59 1.6 HDi 

Serieal Berlingo owner  Heart Heart Heart
Don't know if it's any help but I've just had that problem with my 2009 Berlingo XTR and after an hour or so of fumbling about by the dealer (still under warranty) it was a loose/corroded connection and it works now after just pulling it out & pushing it back in again. I didn't see exactly where it was but he was lying on his back with his arm up the passenger side of the front of the bonnet!
2009 Berlingo 1.6HDi (90bhp) XTR  
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Figmeg for this post:
  • Gashead32, geoff
Hello figmeg welcome to the forum you will find the horn under the N/S plastic arch cover at the front has said check the connection's some do corroded clean them put some copper grease or silicone grease on the connection's push back on sorted .
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Jed Clampit for this post:
  • Figmeg, Gashead32
(17-03-2017, 10:03 PM)Jed Clampit Wrote:  Hello figmeg welcome to the forum you will find the horn under the N/S plastic arch cover at the front has said check the connection's some do corroded clean them put some copper grease or silicone grease on the connection's push back on sorted .

Thanks Jed, I don't think he greased it, it works for now so I'll just have to hope it lasts as it looked a bit of a pain to get to!
2009 Berlingo 1.6HDi (90bhp) XTR  
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Figmeg for this post:
  • Gashead32