Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change My Berlingo ????
Ok here goes .. my wife is fancying changing the M59 Berlingo for a Skoda Yeti 

Anyone got one ?

Are they any good ?

Which one is best ?

etc etc ..... all advice and experiences especially are welcomed.
2007 M59 1.6 HDi 

Serieal Berlingo owner  Heart Heart Heart
Doubt if this will help any. When it came to change my M59 I did look at the Yeti but went for the newer Berlingo after much soul searching
--------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Iron Grey XTR 110 with lots of bits and bobs.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Trevor for this post:
  • geoff
Are you right? You'd make a change with other countries.
Hello - drove one last year for work (Yeti that is) it was 'OK' - quieter than our M59 - maybe a bit smaller inside (certainly the boot was). Not sure why but they seem to go for a premium here.
Our cars  2008 1.6  HDi 92 Berlingo (His) RIP 2019
              2008 1.6  HDi 110 Mini (Hers)
              2008 1.6  HDi 143 Mini (His)  

I forgot about this thread so some feedback .... I had a test drive in a 2016 ish Yeti

It was the Tdi model with auto box and around 170 BHP or so and I thought it might satisfy me with a bit of poke but sadly it was an anti climax, my Berlingo felt more spritely which surprised me !

It had the " leather " seats which are in fact not leather but I could live with that I thought especially since they had an adjustable lumbar support - my back is not the best.
Again it was a disappointment and I preferred the seats in my Berlingo - I must confess to having fitted in the past a pair of almost new Rover City Car seats and adjusted height etc to suit my needs but I did expect more from the Yeti seats, it just goes to show how very good the Rover seats are !!

The drive itself was not engaging and sadly it wasn't the car for me.
Lots of apparent promise but it seems despite a £16000 price tag it couldn't beat my '06 plated M59 of much more modest value.

My wife sat in the back during the test drive and her verdict was " low rent "  Big Grin
2007 M59 1.6 HDi 

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to geoff for this post:
  • ron
(20-06-2019, 02:39 PM)geoff Wrote:  I forgot about this thread so some feedback .... I had a test drive in a 2016 ish Yeti

It was the Tdi model with auto box and around 170 BHP or so and I thought it might satisfy me with a bit of poke but sadly it was an anti climax, my Berlingo felt more spritely which surprised me !

It had the " leather " seats which are in fact not leather but I could live with that I thought especially since they had an adjustable lumbar support - my back is not the best.
Again it was a disappointment and I preferred the seats in my Berlingo - I must confess to having fitted in the past a pair of almost new Rover City Car seats and adjusted height etc to suit my needs but I did expect more from the Yeti seats, it just goes to show how very good the Rover seats are !!

The drive itself was not engaging and sadly it wasn't the car for me.
Lots of apparent promise but it seems despite a £16000 price tag it couldn't beat my '06 plated M59 of much more modest value.

My wife sat in the back during the test drive and her verdict was " low rent "  Big Grin
I tried a Yeti before my B9.Wasn't impressed at the price.Perhaps having a Berlingo has a bad effect on the wallet.I preferred my m59 to my B9.
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
My only reason for looking at the Yeti was it had 4 wheel drive which I thought could be useful. As it turned out my long distance driving habits changed.
--------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Iron Grey XTR 110 with lots of bits and bobs.
It's a funny old game is this car business.

I'll keep my Berlingo for a while longer I reckon and I'll be enjoying it with renewed vigour just like you feel when you get a new MOT having done no work and with no advisories.

I'm off on another tangent now - my wife tells me to sell her car and get a sporty number as a second vehicle whilst I'm still young enough and flexible enough to climb in and out of it ...... what to get ???

A new model MX5 - tempting . or a 60's / '70's Lotus Elan perhaps - delicious but finding a good one ????

I'd like another motorcycle to salve my need for speed and energetic cornering but common sense will prevail.
2007 M59 1.6 HDi 

An MX5 will be hard to beat for fun & value, there are plenty about for good prices and good online support. I have a MK-1 1989 version with the pop up headlights, great fun to drive and has been totally reliable. The only large piece of work I've done is to replace the clutch at 120k.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to cancunia for this post:
  • geoff
I've always hankered after an MX5 but I can't get in or out easily sadly.I worked on many before I retired & all I ever did was servicing & cambelt changes.Not good for business. Rolleyes
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ron for this post:
  • geoff