Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Steering & Suspension] Berlingo 1.6 petrol Multispace rear axle mounting bushes
2002 Berlingo 1.6 petrol Multispace (WAV)

I need to replace the rear axle bearings (and will adapt the arms with grease nipples whilst off) so have decided to go all in and remove the axle and replace the bushes as well, could someone who's far more knowledgeable than I provide the part no's for the round front axle mounting bushes and the rear oblong mounting bushes, I've looked on line at the usual places, however, a minefield of different bushes and fittings some say yes there part will fit and the next add says no it won't fit Citroens so confused.

Please clarify for me guys

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Take a look at the link below for the part numbers and then search ebay for them.

https://www.catcar.info/citroen/?lang=en&l=

My vehicle .... 2006 (m59) Berlingo Multispace Desire - 1.6 HDI 92 
thanks JJ9 for you reply, I'd tried that site earlier, but when I go into Suspension nothing comes up, however on further search of this site I came across the sticky post about Citroen Service Box reference parts, I've registered and have come up with these pictures upon entering my VIN so on the right track now.

Thank you,

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sometimes on the catcar site it's best to search without parameters then you will find the parts.

http://www.catcar.info/citroen/?lang=en&...aWVyPT0%3D

I removed and refurbished my rear axle a year or so ago as a preventative measure, luckily for me the axle pins were in good sound condition with no corrosion so it was just a case of replacing the bearings, I was prepared to replace the axle with a reconditioned unit if I had found the axle pins to be badly corroded.

I hope you find yours in good condition.

(06-07-2019, 07:18 PM)jj9 Wrote:  Sometimes on the catcar site it's best to search without parameters then you will find the parts.

http://www.catcar.info/citroen/?lang=en&...aWVyPT0%3D

I removed and refurbished my rear axle a year or so ago as a preventative measure, luckily for me the axle pins were in good sound condition with no corrosion so it was just a case of replacing the bearings, I was prepared to replace the axle with a reconditioned unit if I had found the axle pins to be badly corroded.

I hope you find yours in good condition.

Thank you, I hope they're in good condition too, my axle's been modified to allow wheelchair access, so I can't fit a reconditioned one so have to repair it whichever way it needs it, they've been replaced back in 2011 so hopefully they won't be too badly damaged. 
Do you have any symptoms that the bearings have failed or are you just replacing as a preventative measure?
If you have no symptoms and new bearings were fitted in 2011 would grease nipples and a good dose of grease not suffice?

I'm interested in how you axle has been modified, what has been done?

The torsion bars on mine took a bit of removing but they eventually were persuaded out with the big hammer Big Grin  hopefully yours will be a bit easier to remove. 

Take your time in making accurate alignment marks at each end of the torsion bars as it's very easy to make a mistake when replacing, a few photographs as you go will help.

Thanks for the advice, photos, photos and more photos will be my best friend on this adventure.