Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Damn meerkats
The dilemma with junior's Breakdown Insurance Cover has now infected the motor cover as well.
The meerkats came second last years renewal quotes.
Theyve just emailed me to try them again,I did.
The cheapest quote is just over £500 .
I was just about to go with the existing outfit at £900

Anyone had dealings with

Goodgirl.co.uk
Insure2Drive
Ladybird
Diamond
Admiral
Elephant
Right Choice
It is on my to do list.
But not right at the top

2012 Hdi75 van
Heard http://www.youngmarmalade.co.uk is quite good. but what about checking out companies who provide telematic policies.Not had dealings with any of them,though. I use a local broker for best quotes.
Former 2011 Mk3 XTR owner Confusedalut:
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to taxi for this post:
  • evdama
Admiral and Elephant are the same company, others may be part of it too.
I had insurance with admiral but hever had to use them for anything
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Coco for this post:
  • evdama
Well Coco,funny you should say.
I dugged deeper - the first two on the list are the same company which is part of Sabre insurance -a big umbrella.Theres also no phone number - its all web based.
Im not comfortable with that and he would never speak to me again if I insured him with a company called "goodgirls"

Taxi- the telematic ones I looked at 2 years ago.
Despite all the curfew restrictions they were actually more expensive,plus he often works late hours now.

His yearly renewals have dropped from £2800 to £1150 and now £900
with igo4 .

Anyhoo;
Ive just gone to Hastings Premier ,via the meerkats,upgraded him to Comprehensive,protected his NCD and got the full monty breakdown cover - £616.

Is the free toy Sergei worth it?
It is on my to do list.
But not right at the top

2012 Hdi75 van
(17-12-2012, 02:37 PM)Coco Wrote:  Admiral and Elephant are the same company, others may be part of it too.
I had insurance with admiral but hever had to use them for anything
Was also with Admiral for a couple of years. By far the cheapest. Admiral gave a much better quote a couple of years back so switched to them. Confusedcratch:
Can't for the life of me remember who I'm with now. Was with Virgin.

But not had dealings when young drivers involved. Rather oddly, when my other half was learning, having her on the insurance lowered the insurance. Despite me having been driving for the best part of 20 years with 2 claims (both non-fault) and it being an automatic Jag. Insurance on her Metro was higher. I've never paid more than £400 for insurance, currently a touch below £200. The berlingo is about as low an insurance group as you can get without having to run a pedal car.
The Bus II: 2019 XL Flair 1.2
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Guanajuato for this post:
  • evdama
I was told a while back that if a young driver puts Mum on as a named driver that often brings the premium down too. Unless she has a disastrous record of course. Trouble with insurance is that you don't get to find out how good (or bad) it is until you have to claim by which time they have your beer tokens already.
'56 Multispace 1.6HDi - Iron Grey
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to pidgeonpost for this post:
  • ron
Thanks for your thought guys

Its a balancing act
Obviously I dont need cowboys on the payroll if he does get involved in something regrettable but also I dont want to be paying a couple of grand for cover that would cost myself a couple of hundred.

Twists and turns all the way,it was cheaper to go Comprehensive than TPFTConfusedcratch:

In the end I went with Hastings - and apparently the "PostKat will be make delivery of toy soon"
Simples.
It is on my to do list.
But not right at the top

2012 Hdi75 van
A word of warning about admiral/elephant/bell etc...

When I was younger I was too swayed by the much much cheaper insurance offered by Bell. What a mistake. All was fine until I needed to claim. A learner driver pulled out of a side road into the my passenger door and my 18 month drama began.

Short of it, they were a horrendous company to get hold of when money was involved and in the end the ombudsman got involved. I eventually got my money plus compensation.

There is a reason they are much cheaper, because when you actually need them, they don't want to know.

I found (through the Ford RS owners club) Need to Insure and a guy called Paul. Fantastic bloke who knows his stuff. Give him a call and tell him Alex from Colchester recommended him, he will sort you out.
Peugeot Partner 2.0hdi • Ford Focus RS • Porsche 944 • BMW 120d