Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
All Terrain Tyres
Hi all,
I am considering sticking a set of A/T tyres on my 2006 Multispace (I occasionally need to go off road) and was wondering if anyone else had put a set on theirs? If so what did you go for? And did you notice much difference in normal day to day driving?

I'm looking at a set of these - http://www.camskill.co.uk/m123b0s7731p10...se%3A_71dB

Any comments/advice appreciated.

Cheers
Is it worth paying to go off road Occasionally? By the way they are out of stock!
I DO MISS MY BERLINGO Heart
They are 14" tyres, my Berlingo has 15" wheels so they would not fit. How far off road are you going ? it might pay to invest in a proper 4x4, only the front tyres do anything so a waste of time fitting 4 off road tyres.
So where does this bit go then ?
My neighbour has a berlingo the same as mine, we both live up a steep rough gravel track that leads to our cottages, when it snows, the track becomes impassable, both Blingos will not even get 1/4 way up the track before sliding to a halt, even the young lad in the post van cannot rally up the hill, last year however, with 3 inches of snow on the track, my neighbour bought 4 wheels from a scrap yard, and got snow tyres fitted and put them on his car, now, to be honest I laughed at the idea that he thought he would get up here in snow with these ordinary looking tyres, they didnt even look the part, but to my total surprise he came straight up no bother at all, I was amazed, he carried on coming up in all conditions all winter as my car was parked at the bottom on the main road.
(16-08-2013, 11:07 PM)Barkas Wrote:  My neighbour has a berlingo the same as mine, we both live up a steep rough gravel track that leads to our cottages, when it snows, the track becomes impassable, both Blingos will not even get 1/4 way up the track before sliding to a halt, even the young lad in the post van cannot rally up the hill, last year however, with 3 inches of snow on the track, my neighbour bought 4 wheels from a scrap yard, and got snow tyres fitted and put them on his car, now, to be honest I laughed at the idea that he thought he would get up here in snow with these ordinary looking tyres, they didnt even look the part, but to my total surprise he came straight up no bother at all, I was amazed, he carried on coming up in all conditions all winter as my car was parked at the bottom on the main road.

I fitted winter tyres to mine, the difference is amazing. Steep hills were no bother last year.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.
I've used Goodyear Wrangler with considerable success on a number of vehicles - Series 2 Land Rover used on and off road and also on a Toyota truck. Great off road and sticks like the proverbial to the blanket on tarmac.
Fuel will suffer a little though. On my Land Rover the fuel went from 23 to 21 mpg. I don't have figures for the Toyota as the employer paid the fuel. Hope this helps.

http://www.goodyear.eu/uk_en/tires/4x4/w...rom=browse

I think they only do a T rating which is 118 mph

edit .. I also use M/S tyres on my other Land Rover and they are ace but wear even faster again.
2007 M59 1.6 HDi 

Serieal Berlingo owner  Heart Heart Heart
I don't see the need for off-road tires...

I often drive up hills that get 4WDs stuck, too.
(The road up to my parent's home for one. There's a minor electrical station further up the road. My father has had to tow out almost any kind of 4WDs with his Belarus 420 tractor... )
The trick is to use decent winter tires, studded of course.
Snow chains when necessary, and to BACK UP!
I usually take a 30 - 40 meter run up to get it up to max reverse speed, and boy does it GO!

One day I'll put a camera in the car and film it, mostly to bust the Mythbusters...

The Berlingo is actually one of the better-suited cars for this maneuver because of the big rear window and high seating position. It would have helped with a longer wheelbase, though, as it's so short that careless moves of the steering wheel tends to be exaggerated.
Apparrently the only way to tip a 2cv over is hard cornering in reverse
It is on my to do list.
But not right at the top

2012 Hdi75 van
All terrain tyres will go so far but the main problem with off-roading with the Bling is if you loose traction either side, you're stuck. The VTR+ version has "a limited slip differential and mixed terrain tyres" to help. It might be worth finding what tyres are fitted to these; but on second thoughts, knowing Citroen, they are probably the cheapest option.

As an aside, I'd often wondered about having two winter tyres fitted and putting them on the rear during the good weather to minimise their wear. Is this feasible?
Dave

Berlingo Multispace 2.0 Hdi (04) - 238K@43mpg - 205/60HR15 XL tyres all round
Berlingo Multispace 1.6 16v (51) - 184K@36mpg - SORN & still 15° retarded...
Xantia 1.9TD Temp2 Estate (97) - 208K@42mpg - SORN & no turbo boost...
I assume you mean using a pair of winter tires as 'all year' tires?
The problem is that REAL winter tires have a softer rubber mix which really is too soft for use the rest of the year.
This means excessive wear and all that. Probably noisier, too.