Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello! Purchase advice pls: 1.6i Desire, 2004
Hello, thinking of buying the above Blingo, has 113k on it. Mainly to be used for runaround/commuter, maybe starting paid dog walking again, and occasional camping with bikes/dog. I'm 28 and though I've been driving since 17 I've not needed a car till now because of living in a city and never being able to afford one. They're asking £1000 and where I live these don't come up too often in my sub-£2000 price bracket. Would you buy this car? It's my first purchase. We can afford repairs just haven't got a big wad of cash saved up for a purchase. Since moving to the country we find the buses are not so convenient anymore!

The door handle thing I've already googled and it sounds like a common fix. By gaiter I'm not sure if this is the gaiter near the tyre or the gear stick gaiter but they're also apparently not rocket science to replace as long as what they're protecting is OK. This is what the seller said:
No actual service history but I have had the car for eight years and has been regularly maintained and serviced by a garage and my partner. There were 2 minor advisories, a tyre and the gaiter is beginning to perish but still doing its job. I normally use my car from A to B daily to my work and for family runs. New airbag module was fitted in 2013. Timing belt and clutch was fitted in 2012 and has since done 20,000 miles. New radiator, plus cooling fan fitted in 2014. Very reluctant sale as we required smaller car for my daughter learning to drive. The only negative of this car would be the rear o/s door handle needs replaced as door will not open from outside only inside.

Messages In This Thread
Hello! Purchase advice pls: 1.6i Desire, 2004 - by krasejc - 18-08-2014, 10:54 PM