Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failed comm unit 2007 berlingo multispace
Morning guys so this multispace we purchased 2 weeks ago keeps coming up trumps with problems...I've had an auto electrician look at it and the comm unit?? Has failed...lights staying on indicators not working properly etc. Where would I get a second hand/refurbished one from...I know I need to match serial numbers up otherwise wont work. Where would I get one from? Tried ebay and local scrappers ? TIA
You might have some luck, looking for an indicator stalk or turn signal stalk etc.
Not sire if this is the right thing, but that's what I searched for:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274526450576?...SwIUNXF1tW

However, your problem may be BSI related. Have a search around on here for BSI and you may find similar symptoms.
What is a BSI? ??
(03-03-2022, 08:23 AM)riley82 Wrote:  What is a BSI? ??

Search for 'BSI reset' and you'll find out Smile
Unless the lights are switched on nothing works ko horn indicators nothing  yet you turn stalk off the headlights stay on ...confused
The BSI is the Body Systems Interface computer, controls everything non engine related plus some engine functions. Not easy to replace as its coded to your car VIN, Keys, and options pack (hardware fitted like AC etc), a replacement used one can be reset or "virginised" by certain companies, after which it can be fitted but needs re-coded using Citroen software called DiagBox. Easily damaged by water ingress into the cabin. Not repairable by the DIY person for the most part.

Google "BSI Reset" as CC says and try that, if it doesn't help then you may have a bigger problem.

The COMM2k unit below the steering wheel can be swapped from a breaker but has limited functionality - and may not be the cause of your issues. The COMM unit with the stalks attached, talks to the BSI and the BSI carries out the request...
Previous:
2017 B9 1.6 BlueHDi Van
2012 B9 1.6 HDi Van
2008 M59 1.6 HDi Van
2003 M59 1.9D Van
Morning I've just done a bsi reset and the car is exactly the same...what do I do now guys? ??
(04-03-2022, 07:40 AM)riley82 Wrote:  Morning I've just done a bsi reset and the car is exactly the same...what do I do now guys? ??

It is most likely the comm2000 unit, but as the others have said, it could be something else than the comm2000 unit.
I had a similar problem with my comm2000 unit. The headlights turning on automatically (no such feature in the car). I replaced the comm2000 with a second hand one and that fixed the headlights problem.
If I were you I would take off the comm2000 unit (plenty of youtube videos), write down the part number and buy the same one from ebay for example. If you cannot find the same part number, get whichever looks the same and/or comes from the same model.
smile, you are alive! Peugeot Partner Escapade (same as M59, but with offroady-ish look) 2007, 1.6HDi 92
https://www.youtube.com/c/moremolecules
Thanks mate been looking on ebay for the part number and nothing coming up yet. Scrappers haven't got anything either
Have you searched for "berlingo breaking" and just browse, if its a m59 (which most people will not say as its a citroen term we use here) then you will know, it looks the same as your car. From there, ask if they would sell you the bit under the steering column which has the wiper stalks on it and check it has the same number of stalks as yours - if you have the radio thing.

Any one should do, as long as it has the same functions.
Previous:
2017 B9 1.6 BlueHDi Van
2012 B9 1.6 HDi Van
2008 M59 1.6 HDi Van
2003 M59 1.9D Van