Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.86 Average
Small piece of coolant pipe with metal plug?
Hi guys,

I am trying to source a piece of coolant pipe, it's located in behind the drivers (rhd) wheel arch! It's a piece of short pipe with a metal plug in the top. It sits to the back of the engine down low. Mine has sprung a leak!! Is this attached to the water pump and what is this pipe for, trying to google it but have no joy. Any help appreciated, thanks guys.
Picture, please.

And also, what model do you have?
(Year, Engine, AC/No AC)
It'll generally be called a water tank by PSA. Part suffix is 1336.
Berlingo 2001, 1.9 straight diesel, non turbo. The photo show the pipe and plug removed? Anyone know the part number or name on this pipe? Thanks.

Thanks addo, that would be the part the hose is connected to, any idea what the small piece of hose off this is (shown in previous post)?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You are taking the piss, surely? That is a stub of "F*** it; this'll do" hose from anything, with a wheel bolt head siliconed into the end and hose clamped up.

Has your heater been bypassed?
SH!T!

If that had come from my 1.4i, I'd say it's part of the hose that goes from the heater(non-AC model... ) back to the water pump housing.
The end with the 'little rubber tab' sticking out is the one that fits onto the pipe on the waterpump housing.

This is some seriously bad bodging!
Looks like the art of bodging has reached a new heights.
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
Thanks for the replies, I'm not a mechanic and only recently bought a berlingo so excuse the ignorance! Any ideas where one might get a layout diagram of the hoses from the water pump housing? Don't think this is the heater pipe, it's one on the two pipes facing up towards the top of the engine, the one next to it, as far as I can tell is the one for the heater. Just checked, the pipe feeding the heater runs from this housing up through the bulkhead, the pipe I'm looking for fits the housing beside the heater pipe.

Here is a photo of the pipes in place, i have marked the pipe in question. The photo is taken through the drivers side wheel arch. Where should this pipe be attached(note: this is not a photo of my van!! i have not used the sump as a jacking point!!)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Do you have Air-condition or just a heater?

Do you get any heat from it?

As for the sump not being a Jacking point...
If you have to remove one of the engine mounts for any reason, you need to put a jack under it, so yeah, that's normal procedure. The only difference between a pro and a hobby mechanic is the 'cup' used on the jack.
No Gadgetman, no AC, just a heater, always got heat from it. Problem solved, turns out there is a plug for that outlet. previous owner had obviously done a very bodged job on replacing the plug!! Thanks for the replies guys. Wink