Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Steering & Suspension] Pulling to the left - any solution?
Question 
I've read several threads about the Berlingo/Partner pulling to the left.

Mine pulls to the left too, and by quite a lot.
The faster I drive the more force I need to apply to the steering wheel to keep it straight.
It's not un-drivable by any means but I suspect it would get very tiring after a long drive, say 10 hours or so (e.g. Edinburgh - Dover).

My old car (Zafira A) also pulled to the left a bit but it took very little force on the steering to keep it straight and, after having a simple kwik-fit (or similar) front-wheel alignment it was straight (for a while, I had it done twice in about 9 years).

The conclusion on some of the threads on the subject seemed to be that some (significant) percentage of the Berlingos/Partners come out of the factory with a wrongly welded rear item that means a simple front-wheel alignment does not cure the problem.

But it is not clear to me if a 4-wheel alignment would be better as some people also wrote that the rear wheels and/or axle cannot be adjusted, or not adjusted to mitigate this fault.

So, my question is, from the people who have had this, did anyone have a cure or an improvement using 4-wheel alignment (or any other way)?    
2013 Partner Tepee Outdoor, 1.6 HDi, 115bhp, dob: 13/06/2013
Hi some one did a post on here who i cant remember said when they had the tracking done they sat in the berlingo which helped but if you read the other thread's there are lot's of other thing's have been done tyre pressure new tyre's also alignment which one mite work for you i don't know and some have been in contact with don't get done get Dom
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

(22-06-2015, 03:35 PM)CorTepee Wrote:  I've read several threads about the Berlingo/Partner pulling to the left.

Mine pulls to the left too, and by quite a lot.

My was pulling to the left because of the brakes cylinder "sticking". I have an old post about it.
You can check it by jacking up the car , pressing/releasing the brake, and spinning the wheel.

Best regards,
brajomobil
Your screwed been down all the routes
My 1.9d 02 plate did the same and turing right would cause the steering wheel to intermitently fight and jump top pull left.

turned out it needed the left arm replacing and the tracking sorting. the rubbers on the arm were rotten causing the arm to move around in its mountings.
I was told the left side weathers worse than the right.

could be the same thing for you????