Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
What s**t day.
I've had my Blingo exactly a week today. When I picked her up she had half a tank of fuel, drove her last weekend and monday and saturday and still had a quarter of a tank, fantastic!

Today on a trip out with hubby and the kidlets, I find out my fuel gauge sensor is knocking on deaths door! Whilst doing 75mph down the bypass and after a brief shudder, I have no engine, nothing, apparently the fuel gauge is WRONG!!

After coasting to the side of the bypass, dragging the kidlets and hubby up the grass verge away from my Blingo, hubby phones for the AA.

After a 40 min wait in the cold the AA turn up and fix my Blingo. The cause.... well we aren't sure it's either a sticky sensor or contaminated fuel. Either way Eva (my Blingo) appears to be fine, however it did coast £140 for the AA to come and £70 to tank Eva.

A very expensive shopping trip, only went out to buy a £50 highchair :brickwall::brickwall::brickwall:
Everyone returned home in one piece , it was a good day ! :thumbsup:
Unless you didn't manage to get chair Confusedillyme:
And don't forget . . . it's only money Confusedcratch: you can earn some more tomorrow :whistle:
Perhaps Eva has a guilty consience and thought 75mph was too fast.
It is on my to do list.
But not right at the top

2012 Hdi75 van
(02-09-2012, 08:01 PM)nil by mouth Wrote:  Everyone returned home in one piece , it was a good day ! :thumbsup:
Unless you didn't manage to get chair Confusedillyme:
And don't forget . . . it's only money Confusedcratch: you can earn some more tomorrow :whistle:

We did get the chair in the end. Your right everyone got home safely, I now have an AA membership for the year! :lol:
I had AA cover for years and didn't use it so cancelled it, then about 8 years ago while going on holiday to Norfolk from London I had a front wheel bearing break up on the M11, I limped into the services and Luckily my wife had full RAC cover, they sent a truck to take my transit van on to Norfolk and because we had our 3 year old daughter with us and because I am disabled they sent a chauffeur driven car for us, 108 miles in luxury. I got a new bearing from a very handy local ford dealer and fitted it myself the next day, it didn't ruin our holiday at all. The moral is always have some kind of breakdown cover even if you don't use it much..
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Drew for this post:
  • ron