Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
ignition problem
my mark 1 berlingo cut out on me this afternoon, and wouldnt re-start.now when you attempt to start, the alarm sounds, and alarm icon appears on the dashboard. on further inspection it had blown a fuse, but when this fuse is replaced, it simply blows again, and the vehicle refuses to start, anyone any idea as to what the problem could be?
If you could let us know which fuse in which fuse box it might help us to find your problem. petrol or diesel?
its a 20 amp fuse, halfway down fusebox on the right , underneath the sterring wheel, sorry i cant be more specific, as casing is missing-must be related to ignition, as when this is replaced, engine starts for a short while, then blows it again
You're too vague for me, there are some twenty amp fuses on mine but they are all in numbered positions in the fuse box and I dont have an alarm system. If you wait either Rustscarts or addo will no doubt be along soon and they will know which fuse you mean. It would help if you say what engine is in it and what model , ie air conditioning, rear wipers or what , etc

:thumbsup: Confusedcratch:
It's a big difference between mux and non-mux cars. What is the RPO (five digit number on the door jamb sticker)?
(04-02-2013, 09:40 PM)brodfather11 Wrote:  You're too vague for me, there are some twenty amp fuses on mine but they are all in numbered positions in the fuse box and I dont have an alarm system. If you wait either Rustscarts or addo will no doubt be along soon and they will know which fuse you mean. It would help if you say what engine is in it and what model , ie air conditioning, rear wipers or what , etc

:thumbsup: Confusedcratch:

vehicle is a t(99 reg) diesel, non air con-will post rpo number later, thanks for your help
update on ignition problem, car started ok this morning with fuse replaced, and ran for 3 miles with no problems, went through some deep water yesterday so maybe it was causing fusing problem! when ignition switch is turned off, there are 3 double beeps, does anyone know if this is a fault code? again, many thanks for all your help