Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berlingo HDI wont start after replacing pulley
I had the classic rattling lower pulley on my 2004 berlingo. I took it into my garage thinking i would do a quick oil service at the same time. 

I drove it inside, undid the oil plug, replaced the oil filter refitted the drain plug and filled it back up with oil. I then jacked the car up, loosened the belt tensioner and undid the pulley bolt with a pneumatic impact driver. I wiggled the old pulley off, put the new pulley on all the way and then put the bolt back in and tightened it back up to specifications. Lastly I put the belt back on and unlocked the tensioner.

I got in the car to start it and to my suprise it did not start! It turns over fine, but with no sign of coming alive and no abnormal sounds. I was scratching my head for 2 hours while checking everything I could possibly check. I even took the cam belt cover and starter off to check that the timing marks on the flywheel and camshaft lined up, which they did. Even though I don´t know how anything that I have done could screw up the timing.

Lexia throws 2 fault codes when cranking;

1. permanent fault, cylinder reference signal short circuit between 2 wires or open circuit. 

2. Permanent fault, Fuel pressure signal pressure coherence

I have erased the fault codes and put the old pulley back on, but with the same result. No start and the fault codes comes back while cranking.

This thread seems to be about the same thing, but it never came to a solution: http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/thread-3582.html

I am completely baffled and have no idea where to go from here. Any ideas? I would be extremely grateful if someone could help me with this!  [Image: eusa_doh.gif] 

Thanks
Geir

Messages In This Thread
Berlingo HDI wont start after replacing pulley - by Mighty - 28-09-2016, 07:05 PM